BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   How would you market BB10? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/256356-how-would-you-market-bb10.html)

Paulinewang 12-19-2011 05:40 PM

How would you market BB10?
 
We all know than RIM need to market BB10 well if they want to survive the next year. So I was thinking about how they're going to market BB10 and the new smartphones. The advertisements for the PlayBook left a lot to be desired, because it didn't really hit the key points for me. For BB10 I'd love to see a very simple advert with a touchscreen BB and keyboard BB side by side, going through the great features that BB10 will hopefully bring;

+ A wealth of apps (via Android Player) - with focus on the current bestseller (2012's equivalent of Angry Birds)
+ Video calling (if BB10 doesn't have this, RIM might as well pack up)
+ 4G connectivity (will they beat Apple to market with this?)
+ Full web experience with the fastest browser on the market
+ Great games, like Need For Speed, running on a smartphone

The advert should, in my opinion, highlight everything that people love about the iPhone, but go on to say "and here's how we do it better", with the option of touch screen and full physical keyboard.

The slogan to cap it off? "Anything 'i' can do, we can do better".

What would you put in a BB10 commercial?

fourstringfuror 12-19-2011 05:51 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulinewang (Post 1760050)
We all know than RIM need to market BB10 well if they want to survive the next year.

I disagree with the premise.

I guess I've never been swayed by RIM's marketing; I will continue to use BlackBerry devices because they do what I want, as I have done since 2005 when I was issued a 7290 (I still miss that thing).

reedontherun 12-19-2011 07:00 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
bring back enterprise-grade branding more
show device with touch and keyboard like you say, still have the best keyboards out there

BB10 -- Built for Business... and Everything Else You Do

Dubdub 12-19-2011 09:24 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
A BB is not an iPhone and you cannot market it as such. Given this economy and this market, RIM needs to put is value out in front of them, not pull it behind.

In other words, RIM has to show the customer the value of owning the device.

dc/dc 12-20-2011 01:48 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
I think you should not spam.

Dubdub 12-20-2011 02:26 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Who is SPAMMING?

dc/dc 12-20-2011 02:47 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
The OP with their 7100T with Android OS. :razz:

Jadey 12-20-2011 03:35 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
The post was not spam, LOL, and as OP has 1 post, I think it is a little early to call them out :)

jsconyers 12-20-2011 03:44 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1760153)
The OP with their 7100T with Android OS. :razz:

Android is not his OS, it's his carrier. I switched my carrier to Android as well. However, my iPhone doesn't work too well with their service :-(

Dubdub 12-20-2011 03:54 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
I think it is a reasonable discussion point as well.

dc/dc 12-21-2011 10:49 AM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1760164)
Android is not his OS, it's his carrier. I switched my carrier to Android as well. However, my iPhone doesn't work too well with their service :-(

Oh right. LOL.

Mine doesn't work well on the Engineer carrier either.

dc/dc 12-21-2011 10:49 AM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadey (Post 1760163)
The post was not spam, LOL, and as OP has 1 post, I think it is a little early to call them out :)

I am awaiting them to join as another user and post about their great marketing website. :smile:

BBMforLife 12-23-2011 02:19 PM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Blackberry should get back to what they're know for being business phones, not trying to be iPhones and its important to carry this message through all their promotions!

David Haddad 12-25-2011 12:50 AM

Re: How would you market BB10?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBMforLife (Post 1760579)
Blackberry should get back to what they're know for being business phones, not trying to be iPhones and its important to carry this message through all their promotions!

Right, and Blockbuster needs to focus on letting people know they rent DVD's and carry it through on all their promotions, instead of trying to get involved in streaming or mail rental. That's the ticket!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.