BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Having troubles need help

Please Login to Remove!

After logging in to BIS website and clicking on the Change Device link, I only see the model and PIN of my old device. After clicking the Detect New Device button, I get the following error message:

"Unable to detect new device. It may take a few minutes for a new device to be detected. Make sure your new SIM card is in your device and try again. If you do not have a SIM card, make sure your device is activated and try again."

Trouble is it has been over a week with the same error message and the on board diagnostics tests always FAIL at connecting to device email.

The Help database recommends adding the BlackBerry email address again through the Setup function on the device. Cannot add the email address without the original password which I forgot and there is no Forgot Password link for email in device OS7.

Im at my wits end.

I cannot get my blackberry email to connect to RIM's servers.
I cannot get the BIS website to recognize my new BB.
I cannot make AT&T/Premier or BlackBerry support understand my problem.
__________________
RepubliCrat
Offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,030
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Having troubles need help

Call your carrier and talk to tech support, if they don't understand, ask them to go to RIM for help.

What else did you do when you changed devices? What password have you forgotten, BIS or the email account itself? If BIS, AT&T should be able to reset it. If the email account, then call the ISP and have them reset it.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Having troubles need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Call your carrier and talk to tech support, if they don't understand, ask them to go to RIM for help.

What else did you do when you changed devices? What password have you forgotten, BIS or the email account itself? If BIS, AT&T should be able to reset it. If the email account, then call the ISP and have them reset it.
One full week of all of the above...
No offense Dub, but you sound exactly like AT&T support...no recollection of what I just stated five minutes ago.

Called ATT Tech Support 3 times
ATT Tech Support realized they did not have adequate knowledge of BB and
transferred to BB Tech Support 3 times
BB Tech Support says if you use Device OS7 they cannot reset a password remotely, it must be done from my device or computer
The BB email password is lost
I have a fully functioning BB ID username and password which does not help
I can easily log in to BIS and view edit all my email addresses except the BB email account originally setup 10 years and 4 devices ago
Without connecting this email address to RIM servers, I am unable to fully register this device with my carrier's systems and collect the email going to this address
__________________
RepubliCrat
Offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,798
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 441 Times in 381 Posts
Default Re: Having troubles need help

Please drop the attitude now.
This is a volunteer run forum, not associated with Research In Motion or any carrier.

Call AT&T again and get help from them. Sounds to me like your account is not provisioned properly.
Offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Having troubles need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Please drop the attitude now.
This is a volunteer run forum, not associated with Research In Motion or any carrier.

Call AT&T again and get help from them. Sounds to me like your account is not provisioned properly.
Interesting...
The BB has been provisioned twice...and service books were sent directly from tier one support. I always get registration emails for all accounts except the one with the problem.

My attitude is frustration not directed at anyone in particular. I generated this thread knowing full well there are many carrier employees and RIM representatives who happen to be members here. There is usually more quality help and support on these boards than anywhere else.

My apologies to anyone who feels personally uncomfortable with my tone. I should tell you that contrary to ATT policy, I was on hold with ATT Tech Support two Fridays (my first visit regarding this concern) at the ATT Core store for 33 minutes which is supposed to be impossible. Then, the multiple calls with no resolution followed. I am unwilling to call ATT yet again at this time.
__________________
RepubliCrat
Offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,030
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Having troubles need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
One full week of all of the above...
No offense Dub, but you sound exactly like AT&T support...no recollection of what I just stated five minutes ago.

Called ATT Tech Support 3 times
ATT Tech Support realized they did not have adequate knowledge of BB and
transferred to BB Tech Support 3 times
BB Tech Support says if you use Device OS7 they cannot reset a password remotely, it must be done from my device or computer
The BB email password is lost
I have a fully functioning BB ID username and password which does not help
I can easily log in to BIS and view edit all my email addresses except the BB email account originally setup 10 years and 4 devices ago
Without connecting this email address to RIM servers, I am unable to fully register this device with my carrier's systems and collect the email going to this address
Good luck.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,265
Post Thanks: 42
Thanked 574 Times in 569 Posts
Default Re: Having troubles need help

find a device support center and ask for a supervisor. do not go to a store run by a vendor.
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Having troubles need help
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torch 2 9810 Help Help Help bobcol09 BlackBerry Help 3 10-25-2011 04:40 PM
Help Help Help Help With Themes 1llest03 BlackBerry Help 6 02-10-2011 12:39 PM
International warranty - please help vesava General BlackBerry Discussion 1 01-30-2011 06:38 AM
International warranty - help vesava General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold 2 01-30-2011 06:35 AM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.