10-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Aug 2009
Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Re: Network status shows '1x' and sometimes 'D'
Set the network as follows:
Network Selection Mode: Automatic
Network Mode: Global
In GSM mode you should also be able to select a specific carrier (it's somewhere there in the same window), there will be a list of carriers as preset on your SIM card.
If you are in GSM-only area don't select CDMA. It obviously won't work.
Below are RIM Connection Identifiers:
[conn: connection, ntw: network, vce: voice]
- Yoff - connection turned off
- Ysos - emergency calls only
- Yx - no coverage
- 1x - 1xRTT (carrier's ntw, no BIS/BES)
- 1xEV - EVDO (carrier's ntw, no BIS/BES)
- 1xev - EVDO (data turned off by the user)
- 1X - 1xRTT (carrier's ntw + BIS/BES)
- 1XEV - EVDO (carrier's ntw + BIS/BES)
- roam icon: blue (vce+data), red (no data)
- gprs, edge, 3g - carrier's ntw, no BIS/BES
- GPRS, EDGE, 3G - carrier's ntw + BIS/BES
1XEV: high speed data conn
1X, GPRS: low speed data conn
1x, GSM, D: no data connection
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Last edited by Kirkx : 10-21-2012 at 12:06 AM.