02-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Jul 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Restoring BB while traveling - Any suggestions?
Please Login to Remove!
I plan on traveling abroad for several months, and will be taking my personal blackberry (7100t) with me.
1. Short of my phone being destroyed or lost, is there any way it would lose all my data?
2. In the event it is destroyed/lost, I will purchase another BB, but will need to restore my data to it. The only solution I can think of is to carry both the BB software cd and a data backup cd with me, and hope that I can find someone with a computer that will let me install the software and do a restore.
Any other solutions you can think of? For what its worth and if it helps, I will be using GoToMyPC software while abroad (in case I need to access my home computer while abroad).
On a side note, for those considering taking their T-Mobile BB abroad (since many are quad-band), here are some tips:
1. Add "Worldclass" to your TMO service (costs nothing, but enables you to make calls abroad)
2. Add on unlimited international email for $20 (if you need this); you can remove this when you're back
3. Ask TMO for instructions to unlock your BB. Costs nothing, and will give you the flexibility of popping in pre-paid sim cards to make local calls while abroad, rather than paying international roaming rates with your TMO sim card