BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not all e-mal in BIS being pushed to blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

OK. I've run into this problem as of late. I'm no sure how long it has been going on. I only noticed it when I checked my BIS and noticed that there were e-mails in the inbox that were not pushed to the blackberry. it only happens to a few e-mails, a good number of them are actually pushed to the device. Has anyone run into that problem before? I've noticed it on both the e-mail I have forwarded to my BIS and to my vzw.blackberry.net address. Verizon tech support pushed me up a tier or two, and they had no idea what to do. Thank you in advance!
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have and could not get it fixed, finally since I do not like the BIS deleted all the emails and reverted to what i had before which is better and faster and more accurate, I have all my email go to gmail and forward from there. Problem over, this business of all the emails so that you can have a different sent from address is assinine to say the least.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do you have your g-mail directly forwarded to your blackberry.net address?
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Liv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - Seattle, WA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,095
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have my gmail fowarded to my blackberry email address, it works wonders is uber fast - only complaint is the masking of the email address when I reply. Something that will hopefully be fixed when cingular releases their BIS upgrade. Sigh.
__________________

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I also have my g-mail forwarded directly to my blackberry.net address. As said, it shows up in the inbox on BIS, but not all are pushed to the blackberry. Grrr. It's fustrating.
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Liv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - Seattle, WA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,095
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You know what...I have the same issue, except there are emails in there that HAVE been pushed into my bb inbox, they just won't let me delete them off the online inbox. I don't get it.
__________________

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've got that too! That was a new one the other day. It's all just annoying. If Im paying 45 bucks a month for this, I'd like it to work a little more reliably
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes I do.

And do not expect wonders from BIS when Cingular goes to it, it is highly overrated, a lot of people have made it sound like a panacea to cure all ills and it falls short by a mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animlmed
Do you have your g-mail directly forwarded to your blackberry.net address?
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7250
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have had the same problem. Also, on and off. Sorry KonTiki, I have only used BIS for e mail push so am unfamiliar about how to bypass it. Even if you forward your e mail from gmail, doesnt it still go to BIS to be pushed to your handheld?
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus Ohio
Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 94
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the new upgrade with VZW. It works fine, but you still can not change the address on a reply. I forward all my mail to my BB email address and then i have to forward it even if i want to reply from my BB so that i can choose the correct account in the sent from address. So i end up forwarding it using what ever account i want and changing the FW to a RE. It works, but it sucks. At lease i get my mail almost real time.
__________________
Getup1995
Offline  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What I do is forward the gmail to the blackberry email account, and I do not set up any other emails in the BIS for polling email. People want this so that they can have the option to use different address as the the sent from, to me that is not important, I make the repond to and sent from as gmail regardless so then by passing all this BIS nonsense is effective for me since I do not care about it. By the way this business that BIS is suppossed to poll the email in less than 15 minutes to make it almost instantly is hogwash. When I was trying it and testing it it averaged from 5 to 8 minutes.

I guess people get caught up in the hoopla and do not test thoroughly and as a result tend to rather than face the truth that something either does not work the way it is suppossed to or is as effective as proclaimed, become complacent and decide that it is better to agree and pretend to yourself that things are copacetic afterall rather than accept the truth and seem to appear as spoilports by accepting the truth. I am not addressing this to anyone in particular but as a generalization. However, I rather speak the truth as I see it after I have done testing. If I had my druthers I would not have switched to BIS and would wait till Verizon forces me, when there is no other way out. To switch now in my eyes is a mistake and at the very best premature.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki : 04-20-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7250
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you had the option not to use it. I'll delete my connected accounts and switch to straight fowarding to see if it fixes the issue.

Last edited by tim.ybara : 04-21-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus Ohio
Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 94
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
What I do is forward the gmail to the blackberry email account, and I do not set up any other emails in the BIS for polling email. People want this so that they can have the option to use different address as the the sent from, to me that is not important, I make the repond to and sent from as gmail regardless so then by passing all this BIS nonsense is effective for me since I do not care about it. By the way this business that BIS is suppossed to poll the email in less than 15 minutes to make it almost instantly is hogwash. When I was trying it and testing it it averaged from 5 to 8 minutes.

I guess people get caught up in the hoopla and do not test thoroughly and as a result tend to rather than face the truth that something either does not work the way it is suppossed to or is as effective as proclaimed, become complacent and decide that it is better to agree and pretend to yourself that things are copacetic afterall rather than accept the truth and seem to appear as spoilports by accepting the truth. I am not addressing this to anyone in particular but as a generalization. However, I rather speak the truth as I see it after I have done testing. If I had my druthers I would not have switched to BIS and would wait till Verizon forces me, when there is no other way out. To switch now in my eyes is a mistake and at the very best premature.
Let me start by saying i am not addressing this to anyone in particular but as a generalization: I did not have a choice. When i set up my new account it made me use the BIS 2.0. I would have much preferred to keep the old ver. For people like me that did use the forwarding option you can no longer do that b/c you no longer have the option of setting a system wide sent from address in the web interface. I agree that any upgrade that make such widespread changes should be tested b4 you upgrade. However, without people trying it, people would never know how good or bad it is. In addition, without people trying it and posting problems there would be no way to ascertain if you want to use it or not. Take this for example: If the upgrade to 2.0 was great people would be saying i wish my carrier had it. There would be a thread about when is my carrier going to get this.....

However, I don't want to be one of those people. I agree that i would not want to upgrade unless i had to. I wish i still had the old BIS
__________________
Getup1995

Last edited by Getup1995 : 04-21-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus Ohio
Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 94
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.ybara
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you had the option not to use it. I'll delete my connected accounts and switch to straight fowarding to see if it fixes the issue.
Are you on the new BIS 2.0 with vzw? If so it is not going to work the same way. You can not longer set a default address that all mail is sent from.
__________________
Getup1995
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

RIM sure is making it easy for those of us who do not have the option of a BES. I thought they wanted to reach beyond their "business" customers, but limiting the features that we have doesn't seem helpful.

I'm gathering (correct me if I am wrong) that if I upgrade to 2.0, I could potentially correct my e-mail problem? But that is not guaranteed. It's a catch 22. I can upgrade to see if it corrects my problem, and it may or may not. And if it doesn't (and even if it does), I lose the ability to select a sent from address. We just can't win!
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 08:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animlmed
RIM sure is making it easy for those of us who do not have the option of a BES. I thought they wanted to reach beyond their "business" customers, but limiting the features that we have doesn't seem helpful.

I'm gathering (correct me if I am wrong) that if I upgrade to 2.0, I could potentially correct my e-mail problem? But that is not guaranteed. It's a catch 22. I can upgrade to see if it corrects my problem, and it may or may not. And if it doesn't (and even if it does), I lose the ability to select a sent from address. We just can't win!
In BIS 2.0 you can select a "sent from" address for the [email address] address. I do that for mine. The integrated email accounts can only be their actual email addresses as you are using the BB to simulate email activity from those accounts. The best feature of BIS 2.0 is being able to set what email address to send/reply from. Could the design be better (syncing Sent/Deleted folders, filing to folders), you bet!
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getup1995
For people like me that did use the forwarding option you can no longer do that b/c you no longer have the option of setting a system wide sent from address in the web interface.
Really? When T-Mobile switched I still had an @tmo.blackberry.net address for forwarding. It might have been converted by them during the upgrade though as I didn't actually set it up on the newer BIS.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
In BIS 2.0 you can select a "sent from" address for the [email address] address. I do that for mine. The integrated email accounts can only be their actual email addresses as you are using the BB to simulate email activity from those accounts. The best feature of BIS 2.0 is being able to set what email address to send/reply from. Could the design be better (syncing Sent/Deleted folders, filing to folders), you bet!

Ahhh, Ok, well, that does make me feel better about the upgrade. I'd like to get this e-mail receiving problem straightened out. (since Verizon tech support has no idea what to do...)
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 394
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had various issues with gmail. It proved to be a real pain in the ass with the blackberry. Have you tried the filtering method that has been explained on here? If not, try that. I eventually made an e-maila ccount on Yahoo, forwarded my gmail to yahoo, and set up yahoo in the BIS. Now everything works seemlessly, everything is logged in the sent and in the inbox on both my BB and my yahoo account. My work e-mail is on an exchange server that is set up in BIS throught OWA. Everything works great and I couldn't be happier.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: none
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I was having the same problem with my Yahoo address as well. Heck, even e-mail sent directly to my blackberry.net address were not being delievered to my blackberry!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.