BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   Im getting someone else's Email???????? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/33798-im-getting-someone-elses-email.html)

blake.blake 05-01-2006 07:49 AM

Im getting someone else's Email????????
 
heres the story.

I bought my 8700c in feb. from this forum and had it unlocked on tmo.

FOR CLARIFICATION it WAS ON CINGULAR(previous owner), NOW ON TMO

its been working great with no problems at all.

UNTIL YESTERDAY.

Tmobile turned off my account off becuase i forgot to pay my bill. So after i paid it they turned me back on, and i did the whole regeister with network and resent my services books from the site to get my phone working again because it would not recieved mail.

it started working right away, but i have been recieved about 15 emails from the previous owners .mac account. It even gives me his email in the TO: section

Anyone have any idea whats is going on here?

cwosigns 05-01-2006 09:07 AM

Are you getting MY email? I think I sold you the BB.

blake.blake 05-01-2006 09:10 AM

yes sir! it just started yesterday im gettin some stuff that goes to your .mac account. nothing personal just like junk email.

no idea why

cwosigns 05-01-2006 09:19 AM

Can you email me privately? I want to know which account you're getting.

cwosigns 05-01-2006 09:24 AM

You can PIN me if you want. PIN is in address.

Stinsonddog 05-01-2006 09:28 AM

Sounds like a happy story. Two friends getting together for a beer.

blake.blake 05-01-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Sounds like a happy story. Two friends getting together for a beer.


sure... can someone tell me how to fix this, or why its happeneing?

cwosigns 05-01-2006 09:44 AM

I just checked that account and it is NOT being forwarded to any other email address.

This is a big deal. I don't like the idea of someone receiving my email.

Stinsonddog 05-01-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwosigns
I just checked that account and it is NOT being forwarded to any other email address.

This is a big deal. I don't like the idea of someone receiving my email.

blake did you check to see if the BIS is polling that account?

tomryan 05-01-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
blake did you check to see if the BIS is polling that account?

sounds like tmobile did a restore of the account back to when the other owner's info was in the bis..

cwosigns 05-01-2006 10:08 AM

my info was never in the t-mo BIS because I use Cingular BIS

gadgetfanatic 05-01-2006 10:12 AM

weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jungleland 05-01-2006 10:29 AM

sounds like the PIN is still registered on the previous owners BIS or BES

cwosigns 05-01-2006 10:30 AM

It's my email he's receiving. That PIN shouldn't be registering on my BIS because I am using Cingular and he's using T-Mobile. Aren't their BIS systems completely seperate and different?

blake.blake 05-01-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwosigns
It's my email he's receiving. That PIN shouldn't be registering on my BIS because I am using Cingular and he's using T-Mobile. Aren't their BIS systems completely seperate and different?

yea i have no idea whats going on. I had to reenter my pin info on tmo and resend my service books. now im gettin his email.

jacobsaa 05-01-2006 10:37 AM

ok that's kinda funny

blake.blake 05-01-2006 10:45 AM

now i just got one to his my mycinguler.blackberry account

anyone know how to fix this?

jungleland 05-01-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwosigns
It's my email he's receiving. That PIN shouldn't be registering on my BIS because I am using Cingular and he's using T-Mobile. Aren't their BIS systems completely seperate and different?


If you had that handheld REGISTERED ON ANY BIS OR BES, it does not matter what BES OR BIS he has re rgstrd it with, until you DE REGISTER it from the BIS OR BES you were using it on, he will still be sent your emails...

blake.blake 05-01-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland
If you had that handheld REGISTERED ON ANY BIS OR BES, it does not matter what BES OR BIS he has re rgstrd it with, until you DE REGISTER it from the BIS OR BES you were using it on, he will still be sent your emails...

its been working fine from feb till yesterday wehn i had to resend my service books.

cwosigns 05-01-2006 11:32 AM

I called Cingular. They had never deleted my old blackberry account, so they did that and said it should be fine.

We'll see. :-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.