Originally Posted by wuberry
I'm scheduled to have the Lotus Notes client removed and reinstalled on my laptop tomorrow.
We also have GREAT internal support and I've let them know what's going on. I'll let you know what happens.
Sorry my response took so long ... We didn't get all this resolved until yesterday, but that was my fault, not our support person's.
Our IT support person completely removed Desktop Manager 4.1 from my laptop and reinstalled it and everything went fine. I'm back in business.
He said he didn't think it had anything to do with the Lotus Notes address book.
I think the key is to remove DM 4.1 "completely." Don't use the option to save the user settings. Also, after he removed Desktop Manager, he checked and there was still a directory with a couple of files left on the disk within the original RIM software directory. He manually removed that before he reinstalled DM 4.1 Those are the tricks I didn't do when I tried this myself and they seem to have made the difference -- for me, anyway.
Hope this helps.