BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   mysterious icon? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/35297-mysterious-icon.html)

Borgus 05-15-2006 08:24 PM

mysterious icon?
 
I am very new to blackberry. I just purchased an 8700g loaded with unlimited Blackberry service. I searched and followed Seattle's method to put the zen theme on my device. My question is (and its probably ignorant), what is the tiny icon on the bottom of the screen that appears to be a yellow page with a blue downwarn pointing arrow inside it? There is a number 1 located to the left of this icon. I feel stupid, but the manual doesnt suggest anything. Please inform the uninformed!

Liv 05-15-2006 10:25 PM

It is one of two things...

How many emails you have unread
or
You have received a pushed webpage (like pushed weather to your BB) Do you have either of these two being the cause?

If this does not solve it I apologize and youwill ge tthe correct answer soon

donthateme13 05-15-2006 10:36 PM

sounds liek the blackberry messenger notifier. check bb messenger to see if someone sent u a message

Borgus 05-15-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liv
It is one of two things...

How many emails you have unread
or
You have received a pushed webpage (like pushed weather to your BB) Do you have either of these two being the cause?

If this does not solve it I apologize and youwill ge tthe correct answer soon

Hah! It was pushed weather. Thanks a lot! Im still on a learning curve. I love my BB!

EricaJ1074 05-15-2006 10:48 PM

That's a pushed weather icon. I saw that same icon when I loaded the Zen theme on my BB and signed up for push weather.

Borgus 05-15-2006 11:06 PM

Good to know I wasnt alone :)

Liv 05-15-2006 11:07 PM

Yay! I wanted to make sure I was not passing along the wrong information ;)

I had that exact same issue with my pushed weather.

SomeoneElsesDiary 05-16-2006 10:39 AM

What is pushed weather?

thatboiwes 05-16-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeoneElsesDiary
What is pushed weather?


A weather update for your area that gets pushed to you handheld.

snowskier79 05-16-2006 11:42 AM

How does it work? Who is the provider and/or where can other BB users signup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatboiwes
A weather update for your area that gets pushed to you handheld.


thatboiwes 05-16-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowskier79
How does it work? Who is the provider and/or where can other BB users signup?


On your BB, go to your bookmarks page and go to 'BlackBerry Help'. Then scroll to and select 'Extras.' Then scroll to and select 'Push Services'. After you read and accept the disclaimer, you will be taken to a Push Services page. At the very top is says 'Weather' and to the right, 'Add Location'. Click on that and follow the instructions.

snowskier79 05-16-2006 12:09 PM

Very nice! Thanks for in the instructions. Do you find this more beneficial than BBWeather? I have BBWeather but will try it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatboiwes
On your BB, go to your bookmarks page and go to 'BlackBerry Help'. Then scroll to and select 'Extras.' Then scroll to and select 'Push Services'. After you read and accept the disclaimer, you will be taken to a Push Services page. At the very top is says 'Weather' and to the right, 'Add Location'. Click on that and follow the instructions.


thatboiwes 05-16-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowskier79
Very nice! Thanks for in the instructions. Do you find this more beneficial than BBWeather? I have BBWeather but will try it out!

I don't personally use it. I did for a couple of days once I got my 8700, but quickly turned it off. I don't care too much about what the weather is doing so I don't really have a need for it.

SomeoneElsesDiary 05-16-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatboiwes
A weather update for your area that gets pushed to you handheld.

Thanks for the help. Is there a fee for this?

thatboiwes 05-16-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeoneElsesDiary
Thanks for the help. Is there a fee for this?


Nope, it's free.

SomeoneElsesDiary 05-16-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatboiwes
On your BB, go to your bookmarks page and go to 'BlackBerry Help'. Then scroll to and select 'Extras.' Then scroll to and select 'Push Services'. After you read and accept the disclaimer, you will be taken to a Push Services page. At the very top is says 'Weather' and to the right, 'Add Location'. Click on that and follow the instructions.

Im not finding "Extras" when I click on help. Suggestions?

thatboiwes 05-16-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeoneElsesDiary
Im not finding "Extras" when I click on help. Suggestions?


Open up your browser and click the trackwheel, then scroll and click on Bookmarks. Expand the 'Links' folder and click on 'BlackBerry HELP', that will take you to a BlackBerry webpage. Then scroll from there and click on 'Extras.'

SomeoneElsesDiary 05-16-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatboiwes
Open up your browser and click the trackwheel, then scroll and click on Bookmarks. Expand the 'Links' folder and click on 'BlackBerry HELP', that will take you to a BlackBerry webpage. Then scroll from there and click on 'Extras.'

When my links folder is expanded I just show
1. Nextel Wireless Web
2. Blackberry email setup

thatboiwes 05-17-2006 01:57 AM

Ok. Then just type in the following url using your BB: mobile.blackberry.com. That will take you to the BlackBerry page.

SomeoneElsesDiary 05-17-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatboiwes
Ok. Then just type in the following url using your BB: mobile.blackberry.com. That will take you to the BlackBerry page.

Thank you very much.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.