BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8700C
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation In Desperate Need Of Help!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a used 8700c off ebay. I had it set up with Cingular and everything on the phone is perfect except...the person who had the phone before set up and individual email account and I dont have the login and password, I cant get a hold of the person and Cingular wont do anythig for me. So the main feature on the phone is pretty much useless. Can anyone help me? The phone is not stolen and I'm not trying to pull anything shady. I just want to be able to use all the features of the phone!
Offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
stripesace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 392
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Create an account and put the pin and IMEI information in and it should cancel his email and add yours.
__________________
John
Offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8700C
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I wish it was that easy. When you go to create a new account and put in the PIN and IMEI numbers it says that a account allready exist with this phone, please login with correct user name and password.
Offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
stripesace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 392
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ah, I did not know. Good luck getting intouch with the seller. He should just be able to log in and remove the pin and IMEI that you have.
__________________
John
Offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7290
Posts: 682
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try again to get a hold of Cingular and explain that you bought it off eBay...maybe they can contact the previous owner for you? (although i doubt it)
Offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Posts: 3,309
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welcome to buying BB's on eBay without research! The previous user will have to call Cingular and cancel they're data package tied to the PIN/IMEI and request the PIN be deleted. Security is great but can be a bummer at times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERDucky
Try again to get a hold of Cingular and explain that you bought it off eBay...maybe they can contact the previous owner for you? (although i doubt it)
Offline  
Old 05-16-2006, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you have contract with Cingular, and you pay them for data and voice, and it is blackberry from Cingular- play dumb with their customer support.

Call Cingular customer support and tell them you want to delete your BIS account. If they ask for PIN and IMEI you have them.

If they ask why- tell them you are getting too much spam and you want to create new account with new email address.

They can do it for you. I don't see why not.
Offline  
Old 05-17-2006, 05:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
JerryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.106
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 877
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I really don't know if this will work, but you can try it while you're on hold with Cingular!

You should have an icon called "Individual Email Activation". If you don't, check under Settings --> Options. It may appear in the list there or maybe under Advanced Options. I know normally your PIN and IMEI are automatically loaded, but I don't know if it will reset the account on the back end.

If you don't see the icon and the item doesn't appear in Options or Advanced Options, go back to the main screen, hold down the ALT key and click the wheel and select Show All - the icon might be hidden.

Good luck!


J
Offline  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7290
Posts: 682
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

the icon your talking about JerryD (it's actually "setup email" i believe) is available only w/ BIS 2.0 - Cingular has not upgraded to this yet
Offline  
Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
silentone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 7250
Posts: 190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeck
I bought a used 8700c off ebay. I had it set up with Cingular and everything on the phone is perfect except...the person who had the phone before set up and individual email account and I dont have the login and password, I cant get a hold of the person and Cingular wont do anythig for me. So the main feature on the phone is pretty much useless. Can anyone help me? The phone is not stolen and I'm not trying to pull anything shady. I just want to be able to use all the features of the phone!
I believe the original web client account must be deleted. Just call the provider and once the y see they blackberry is on your account they can delete the old profile.
Offline  
Old 05-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One
If you have contract with Cingular, and you pay them for data and voice, and it is blackberry from Cingular- play dumb with their customer support.

Call Cingular customer support and tell them you want to delete your BIS account. If they ask for PIN and IMEI you have them.

If they ask why- tell them you are getting too much spam and you want to create new account with new email address.

They can do it for you. I don't see why not.
We they will ask a few questions to confirm who you are, I know with Nexstel I have a password set up and with out it they will nto do anything.
Offline  
Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 203
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERDucky
the icon your talking about JerryD (it's actually "setup email" i believe) is available only w/ BIS 2.0 - Cingular has not upgraded to this yet
I am a Cingular customer and I have an icon that says "Individual Email Activiation". When I click it it opens the Cingular browser and takes me to a place where I can create a new account or log in to an existing account using a username/password. For the heck of it I selected "Create a New Account", and it told me that my PIN and ESN/IMEI are already associated with an account.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.