BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Sent mail from BB and outlook

Please Login to Remove!

Since i moved to a different BES within my company, i am seeing sent items from my BB as well as my desktop. If i select "hide sent items" it hides both of them. I want to see the sent items that i send from my BB and i want them to appear in my sent items folder on my desktop but i dont want to see any sent items that are sent from my desktop to show on my bb.

If i go into email settings click the tw and select folder redirection, there is a red slash through the desktop and thats it. Nothing to select or change.

Suggestions?
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee
Since i moved to a different BES within my company, i am seeing sent items from my BB as well as my desktop. If i select "hide sent items" it hides both of them. I want to see the sent items that i send from my BB and i want them to appear in my sent items folder on my desktop but i dont want to see any sent items that are sent from my desktop to show on my bb.

If i go into email settings click the tw and select folder redirection, there is a red slash through the desktop and thats it. Nothing to select or change.

Suggestions?
Anyone?
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Using the "search" feature I found a thread on how to hide sent items...

Check out option 1.

Sent Items Issue

That should do it...
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Using the "search" feature I found a thread on how to hide sent items...

Check out option 1.

Sent Items Issue

That should do it...
Thanks for the "using the search feature" post but i already did use the search feature and that isnt the issue. I dont want to hide ALL sent mail, just sent mail from my desktop. If go into folder redirection, there is no option to uncheck anything (like i said before). Im on a corporate BES.
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Yes, I know you want to not see e-mail sent from your desktop.

Go into Messages - Options - Email Settings - Click the wheel and choose Folder Redirection then Expand Mailbox - name and uncheck Sent Items.

This will make it so email sent from the desktop do not appear in the handheld.

I am also on a BES, thanks.

Seriously, it works. The search is accurate.
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Yes, I know you want to not see e-mail sent from your desktop.

Go into Messages - Options - Email Settings - Click the wheel and choose Folder Redirection then Expand Mailbox - name and uncheck Sent Items.

This will make it so email sent from the desktop do not appear in the handheld.

I am also on a BES, thanks.

Seriously, it works. The search is accurate.
And Ill say it once more....There are no other options once i hit Folder Redirection other than desktop (and it has a red slash mark through it). Not trying to be difficult but i know how to use the search function.
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Can you expand the Desktop?
If not, then you are out of luck.
I am not trying to be difficult - but this is the way to stop Sent Items from appearing. If you can not expand Desktop and Mailbox then I don;t think you can do it.

Are you getting e-mail redirection from your main Outlook Inbox or from a PST file?
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Can you expand the Desktop?
If not, then you are out of luck.
I am not trying to be difficult - but this is the way to stop Sent Items from appearing. If you can not expand Desktop and Mailbox then I don;t think you can do it.

Are you getting e-mail redirection from your main Outlook Inbox or from a PST file?
Cant expand the desktop. Odd thing is that before i was moved to a different BES, i was able to expand it. (matter of fact, i have helped many large corporations in my area with the simple fix that you described - its one of my notes on my bb). Its just not working on this one...and its coming from my main mailbox.
Offline  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Must be something on the BES (duh - I know that's an obvious statement)...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.