BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 7290
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Blackberry to Outlook not syncing

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Cingular 7290 - desktop ver 4.1 (with Cingular subinstaller) and cannot get it to sync from Blackberry to Outlook. Works fine the other way without a problem.

We are using a bes ver 4.0 / exchange 2000

This one has a twist - If I take the BB and wipe it and reloaded operating system and activated it and put on my account it works fine both ways. (I use my machine to test and reload 7 different blackberry models - take software on and off).

If I put on this certain user it doesn't work - I have reloaded the Blackberry with her account - i have reimaged her machine (clean build) and reloaded the BB software (did a -usb wipe and reloaded operating system) - I have had her removed from BES and put back on without keeping information. Is something being cached somewhere that I am missing.

I know the BB is good becuse i have used my account twice on this. Our server settings should be fine because it works fine for all other users.

Any ideas or help

Thanks Mike
Offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rcbjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Texas
Model: 8700
Posts: 1,366
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It just doesn't like her? .

Couldn't resist.
Rcbjr
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 7290
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone find any clues as to how this is happening? I'm having a very similar problem.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Model: 7250
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you both on the same Exchange server? We had a similar problem with items not syncing due to a corrupt information store. After they moved the affected users to a different Exchange server, they were OK.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 7230
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does CDO.DLL match the Bes and the Exchange server?

Check the versions of the Outlook Client?
Any former devices like Intellisync or Palm devices previously installed?
Problem outlook using Client side caching?
Does it work at all then fail after time?
Try syncing just a week or two instead of every item.
Corrupt calander item sounds probable too?
Offline  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
bclopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Albuquerque,NM
Model: 7103e
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

we had that happen.. the issue was former devices w/intellisync.. removed them and hooray.. it worked
__________________
__________________
Bryan

Verizon 7130E
OS: 4.1.0.364
PIN: 3011EB68
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.