BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cdysthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 168
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackberry and IMAP

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have a couple of IMAP accounts set up. I would like for outgoing mail to be stored on the server. Right now I am able to get mail and delete mail using purge, but outgoing mail is not stored.

I am on T-Mobile and their help on IMAP says the following:

"For IMAP accounts, sent items are copied to the source mailbox for many (but not all) IMAP servers, depending on the name of the folder where sent items are stored."

I can change to the name on the folder for outgoing mail to what it should be for this to work, but I do not know what the folder names for sent and trash is expected to be for this to work.

Does anyone here know what the outgoing and trash IMAP folder names need to be?

TIA for help

//C
Offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdysthe
Hi,

I have a couple of IMAP accounts set up. I would like for outgoing mail to be stored on the server. Right now I am able to get mail and delete mail using purge, but outgoing mail is not stored.

I am on T-Mobile and their help on IMAP says the following:

"For IMAP accounts, sent items are copied to the source mailbox for many (but not all) IMAP servers, depending on the name of the folder where sent items are stored."

I can change to the name on the folder for outgoing mail to what it should be for this to work, but I do not know what the folder names for sent and trash is expected to be for this to work.

Does anyone here know what the outgoing and trash IMAP folder names need to be?

TIA for help

//C
Folder names are Sent and Trash. Also to note, if the IMAP server is using the Cyrus IMAP implementation, it will not work.
Offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cdysthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 168
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Folder names are Sent and Trash. Also to note, if the IMAP server is using the Cyrus IMAP implementation, it will not work.
Thanks! Does it matter if it's secure IMAP or not?

//C
Offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Texas_Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdysthe
Does it matter if it's secure IMAP or not?

//C
I am using secure IMAP and it seems to be working fine. I don't think whether it is secure or not matters (that's just how the data is transported).
Offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
cdysthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 168
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Traveler
I am using secure IMAP and it seems to be working fine. I don't think whether it is secure or not matters (that's just how the data is transported).
I just got to know that I am connecting to a Courier IMAP server. I guess that I am out of luck getting outgoing mail stored (ref. earlier posting in this thread).

I have created a workaround using a couple of e-mail forwarders, a filter on the IMAP server and Auto BCC om the T-Mobile side. So I am now getting outgoing e-mail stored in the sent folder.

Good to know that a secure connection won't cause any problems in this regard. Thanks!

/C
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.