BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
akosnitzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.333
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 14,484
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Talking ISP Blocks Spam, Blackberry Does not

Please Login to Remove!

Colleagues,
I use a Verizon 7250, BIS 2.0 Account

I use my ISP e-mail account which I forward to my blackberry.
My ISP which is bellsouth deletes the spam well and it will not show in my ISP inbox or in my Outllok account.
However, the spam is still slipping through to my blackberry.

Any suggestions?
Offline  
Old 06-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
rcbjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Texas
Model: 8700
Posts: 1,366
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Your forwarding rule is being applied before your Spam filter moves it. You might have to disable your forwarding and enable polling from your BIS account.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Offline  
Old 06-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Another possibility is someone guessed your blackberry email address. Delete it, create new one that is hard to guess, like [email address] and edit your forwarding rules to send to new email address.

That would definitely stop direct spam sent to blackberry, and only leave the one possiblity, which was suggested by rcbjr.
Offline  
Old 06-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
K-Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 592
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky
Colleagues,
I use a Verizon 7250, BIS 2.0 Account

I use my ISP e-mail account which I forward to my blackberry.
My ISP which is bellsouth deletes the spam well and it will not show in my ISP inbox or in my Outllok account.
However, the spam is still slipping through to my blackberry.

Any suggestions?
I'm using the Yahoo plus account, and although it has great spam filtering, if you choose the forwarding option it will bypass all the filters and spam can get through. rcbjr is correct in that polling is your best option for spam filtering.
__________________
8700c
Samsung Wep 200 Headset
Offline  
Old 06-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
akosnitzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.333
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 14,484
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Thank you. I will succomb to the polling option or change my blackberry address. Not to sound like a whiner, But I was able to solve the problem using the filters with the 1.6?, or whatever we were using before BIS 2.0. I am going to test the source of the spam. I just gave myself different names for my ISP and blackberry. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by akosnitzky : 06-17-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7290
Posts: 682
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

you can still use filters w/ BIS 2.0 - the same way as w/ BIS 1.8
you just have to sign in and set them up again
Offline  
Old 06-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
JerryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.106
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 877
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Mack
I'm using the Yahoo plus account, and although it has great spam filtering, if you choose the forwarding option it will bypass all the filters and spam can get through. rcbjr is correct in that polling is your best option for spam filtering.
I'm still on BIS 1.8 with Cingular, and poll my Yahoo account, but the filtered Spam that goes to the Bulk folder on Yahoo still gets to my BIS account.
I asked if this is still the case with BIS 2 here, but haven't gotten any reply in 3 days. Anyone here have the answer?
__________________
.
.
J

Offline  
Old 06-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7290
Posts: 682
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD

I'm still on BIS 1.8 with Cingular, and poll my Yahoo account, but the filtered Spam that goes to the Bulk folder on Yahoo still gets to my BIS account.
I asked if this is still the case with BIS 2 here, but haven't gotten any reply in 3 days. Anyone here have the answer?

i don't get any email from my bulk folder showing up on my handheld w/ my 2.0 account
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.