BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: boston
Model: Tour
Carrier: vzw
Posts: 127
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default two line blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

I used to have a nextel cell phone with 2 phone lines. Is there a blackberry that can have two phone lines? If there isn't one, does anyone know if there may be one in the future?
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,475
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Nope. Not now and not one coming up.
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you could get skype on your blackberry. Then you could have your cell line and your skype line.
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 8100
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

theres not gonna be a skype for blackberry. RIM along with all of the cellular carriers wont approve it.

someone should try to make a "homebrew" bb skype application though.... im sure its possible
__________________
7520>7100i>7130e>PPC-6700>Treo 700p
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 108
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrowie
theres not gonna be a skype for blackberry. RIM along with all of the cellular carriers wont approve it.

someone should try to make a "homebrew" bb skype application though.... im sure its possible
why wont the power that be allow/aprrove of it?
your gonna have to have a plan with the wireless carrier in order to even have data services fro skype to work
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 8100
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinybwoy
why wont the power that be allow/aprrove of it?
your gonna have to have a plan with the wireless carrier in order to even have data services fro skype to work

yea.... but if you think about it.... skype is cheaper than a monthly plan from a cellular carrier. skype would use data... so all people would need to do is pay for a data plan only... i dont think that carriers would like that too much.
__________________
7520>7100i>7130e>PPC-6700>Treo 700p
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 108
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrowie
yea.... but if you think about it.... skype is cheaper than a monthly plan from a cellular carrier. skype would use data... so all people would need to do is pay for a data plan only... i dont think that carriers would like that too much.

lol, yes i forgot about that, which is very tru.
Offline  
Old 06-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: 8100
Posts: 141
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinybwoy
lol, yes i forgot about that, which is very tru.

lol. its a great idea though. what i would like to see at least is voice features with gtalk.
__________________
7520>7100i>7130e>PPC-6700>Treo 700p
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.