Originally Posted by buster04
Hello. First time poster.
I have a company issued BB and use Lotus (not that that matters), I was told to go onto the Blackberry site and set up so that my person emails go to the BB through BB Internet Service email, which I did.
My questions are:
1. is this the best way to get my personal and work email on the BB?
2. How do I compose an email from my personal account on the BB to someone vs. always using the work email to send messages? The BB is smart enough to know which type of message I am deleting Work vs. personal as it asks my personal messages do I want to delete on BB or on BB and server.
3. Why is there such a lag time in getting emails from the personal inbox?
Any help is appreciated.
1. It is. You are using BES (Blackberry exchange server) to get your work email and BIS (Blackberry internet service) to get your personal email....if only I could get on my works BES server....they have lots of policies that are tad out of date.
2. When you compose an email, the bb is set to use a default email address which you can change to be a different one. You can also, during composition of an email, change which email address its from. And when you reply to an email it'll have the email address that it came to (so if you received an email at
and wanted to reply to the person, your email to that person would be from
In terms of deleting emails, if you delete your work email and you're on BES, you can have the option of just deleting it from the handheld or your work inbox....this would send the email to your deleted items folder. If you are using your personal emails, some email clients (I forget which, but I am near positive the IMAP (like AOL) clients) will move the deleted item from your inbox to your read box if you choose to delete on handheld and server. If you choose to delete just on handheld, the blackberry will not delete the email from your actual mail inbox. The blackberry gives the option for emails, both BES and BIS if you want to delete from handheld or from handheld and server.
3. There is a lag time, because unlike BES which is PUSH email (nearly instantaneous since its almost like a constant system) BIS, which is your personal email is polled every 1-15 minutes resulting in the slight delay you and everyone else experiences. And for all those that will most likely try and correct me, BIS email is also technically considered PUSH email, just takes a little longer than BES.
Hope this helps....and have fun!