Originally Posted by Dirky
On reflection it has nothing to do with Asterisk, you are correct.
Sorry, I'm unsure why I posted that!
Well there is some stuff you can do..
1) I use idokorro from my BB to remote login to my asterisk box. I was on holiday in greece a couple of weeks ago, and got a mail requesting me to change the opening hours of our lines on a saturday. 5 minutes on the BB and job done.
2) Setup fax to email on the asterisk box then you can view any inbound faxes on your BB device.
3) We have a simple script that gives presence info on users via a web front end (ie. John is on the phone, Paul is available) - I just need to tweak this to be BB enabled so a remote user can see whether fred is available before calling them.
4) I'm shortly gonna playaround with a conf call app thats supposed to faciliate setting up conf calls from the BB. Would be interesting to setup conf calling thru * via this app.
5) SIP client - theres talk of a 7270 which supports SIP on the BB website
(not sure if it made it to the UK). Could be interesting to use this as my 'deskphone' client linked to my BB, and then use the BB in voice mode when out and about.
Note: you might be better asking this in BESadmin corner as there are likely to be many more users there with asterisk exposure/experience...