07-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Jun 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok. I don't know how, but I got some of this working.
Thanks for the info on wireless activation; I've hidden that icon so it won't confuse me again.
Now what the issues that I have are:
1. Whenever I launch the Desktop Manager with the handheld in the cradle bot the Desktop Manager and the handheld just get frozen up. I have to either exit the software or disconnect the handheld.
2. While I have the option on the handheld, I cannot successfully "Reconile Now" on the handheld. I am getting and can send messages just fine, but cannot get the reconcile to actually do anything.
3. In the BES admin app, my status continues to be **Initializing, my Wireless Email Reconcilation says Disabled (can't find out to change that on the server), and the Mobile Data Service is Disabled, and my Policy Status is Pending, the Last Forward Time and Last Contact Time are both Not Available...yet I continue to receive email messages. It almost feels like they are somehow getting to me, but not going through my server...which seems impossible.
4. On my handheld under Options/Security I have no services...I think I used to as I thought I used to be able to regenerate keys or something.
5. On my handheld under Options/Service Book, all I have is the Web Client (CMIME); I thought I used to have others there but don't know what they were.
6. Finally, when I send myself an email from my handheld, it does not show up in my Sent items in my Exchange mailbox and it takes a long time to make it back to my handheld. It used to come to my inbox on my handheld immediately when the sent item was confirmed.
Anyone help with any or all of these symptoms?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Software again several times.