Originally Posted by Couchsurfer
...can only be used as a PDA...
Absolutely. If the native apps do not satisfy your needs, there are a multitude of third-party apps that can provide you with most of the essential PDA functions users desire. For example, you can (with the appropriate third-party apps):
1. Create to do and task lists.
2. Set multiple alarms with recurrence.
3. Perform dictionary lookups in multiple languages.
4. Perform (limited) conversions via the native Calculator.
5. Set calendar appointments with or without alarms.
6. View incoming, outgoing and recent call logs.
7. Store passwords and other sensitive information in encrypted databases.
8. Sync your contacts, tasks and appointments with various PIMs.
9. Take and store notes on the device.
10. Backup and restore the device.
11. Take advantage of Bluetooth features.
...and if it's compatible with lotus notes.
"Lotus Notes 5.0.6 or later, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0" - blackberry.com