State Reconcile - Outlook to Handheld - BES 4.0 for Exchange
not sure if that helps, since it was BES 4.0. however, my situation turned out to be the Display Name. this did not affect our BES 3.6 server, however (i moved myself to it and reconcile worked fine).
anyhow, if you want to test this out, do the following command from a domain controller or exchange server (or if you have domain privaledges, you can do it from your own machine, although it may take a little longer):
ldifde -f filename.txt -r "(objectclass=user)"
once you have this, open it up and search for you name and check the displayName attribute. if the value appears to be encrypted, then that may be the issue. here's an example (note the value, as well as the double semi-colon):
and this is what the line looks like on my now changed account (obviously, I didn't use my real name
displayName: LastName, FirstName
Anyhow, perhaps my research can help you all out... I'm still trying to figure out the root cause of our issue, as it only affected users up to a certain point (all new accounts being created now appear correct in the LDIFDE export). I have removed our Exchange migration (using Aelita's software) from the picture and I believe I can just about pinpoint it to having to do with the ADModify tool used to implement a global change to the formatting of Display Names from 'FirstName LastName' to 'LastName, FirstName'.
Its worth checking out, atleast. Trust me, we worked on this for about 2 weeks (sometimes playing phone tag) and this was one of the last things we were going to check. If anyone has any questions, let me know... I believe I tried to document as much as possible, but I possibly left out some of mine and RIM's troubleshooting steps. The major things that tipped us off were the fact that one new user was working (the only new person on that server) and the LDIFDE export...