BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Too Many Toys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default CDMA, IMEI or ESN #

Please Login to Remove!

1st post from a BB nooB!

When tring to buy software at Handango, the shopping cart asks for the IMEI number. Am I correct in thinking that CDMA (Verizon) devices have a 'ESN' number, not a IMEI number?
Offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denmark
Model: 7230
Carrier: TDC
Posts: 102
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Check Settings/Options-Status on your device , if there is a phone part on the blackberry device there will be a IMEI number

Last edited by FlemmingRiis : 03-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Too Many Toys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlemmingRiis
Check Settings/Options-Status on your device , if there is a phone part on the blackberry device there will be a IMEI number
Contrare, CDMA units do have an ESN instead of a IMEI number. After posting the original message I received a reply from Handango.com. They're changing their site/shopping cart to accommodate the CDMA ESN number.
Offline  
Old 03-25-2005, 05:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denmark
Model: 7230
Carrier: TDC
Posts: 102
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
Contrare, CDMA units do have an ESN instead of a IMEI number. After posting the original message I received a reply from Handango.com. They're changing their site/shopping cart to accommodate the CDMA ESN number.
oh thought it would have a imei also due to the phone part.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 03-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Too Many Toys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlemmingRiis
oh thought it would have a imei also due to the phone part.

Thanks
From my small amount of noOb knowledge it seems that IMEI=GSM & ESN=CDMA network.
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.