i'm in a dillemma, i dropped my 8700 today. thought it was ok. checked it about two hours later and i get a white screen. took the battery out and put it back in and the screen wouldn't turn it back on. the battery wasn't fully charged. it was halfway. the light blinks red and then goes to white then dies out. it also connects tot he computer. tried to restore it nothing. can anyone help? it's my first blackberry and almost cried when i dropped it.
ive had a similar problem, you should be able to reload the sfotware, when you go to application loader plug in USB, and as soon as it finds a pin or says unknown go next and should ask you to load the software.
here are the exact steps you can follow, posted by a moderator on these forums.
You can try to recover your device using this procedure:
1. Install Desktop Manager (You can skip this if it is already installed)
2. Install firmware package for your device on your pc (You can skip this if it is already installed)
3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running
4. Start loader.exe for C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
5. Click on Next in the Application Loader window
6. Remove the battery from your BB
7. Connect your BB to the USB cable
8. Reinsert the battery
9. The drop down list "Connection:" should now change from COM1 to either USB:UNKNOWN or USB:[BBPIN]. As soon as you see "USB:..." click on Next and Application loader should be able to reconnect to your device. Now you can reload the firmware.
As timing is important for this procedure, it can be possible that you have to repeat the procedure multiple times until you succeed. Good luck!
i don't know what just happened but the screen just turned white and i had to restart the phone. what could have gone wrong?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.