10-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: US and A
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive had a similar problem, you should be able to reload the sfotware, when you go to application loader plug in USB, and as soon as it finds a pin or says unknown go next and should ask you to load the software.
here are the exact steps you can follow, posted by a moderator on these forums.
You can try to recover your device using this procedure:
1. Install Desktop Manager (You can skip this if it is already installed)
2. Install firmware package for your device on your pc (You can skip this if it is already installed)
3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running
4. Start loader.exe for C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
5. Click on Next in the Application Loader window
6. Remove the battery from your BB
7. Connect your BB to the USB cable
8. Reinsert the battery
9. The drop down list "Connection:" should now change from COM1 to either USB:UNKNOWN or USB:[BBPIN]. As soon as you see "USB:..." click on Next and Application loader should be able to reconnect to your device. Now you can reload the firmware.
As timing is important for this procedure, it can be possible that you have to repeat the procedure multiple times until you succeed. Good luck!
Last edited by mike_187 : 10-31-2006 at 07:06 PM.