Sim Card Swap on Bes 4.0 upgrading BB, Backup and Restore diff bb model
I was reading through a few posts and no one stated if they were on 3.6 or bes 4.0... with bes 4.0 you go through enterprise activataion
1. my question is im going from a 7290 to a 8700c as soon as it comes, cingular orange for both, can i simply put my old sim card into the 8700 and by using the desktop manager and synching expect the Bes 4.0 server to recognize the change in PIN or do i have to call them and give them the new PIN # and expect to go through enterprise activation..?
2. also am i correct to assume the backup on the 7290 with desktop software 4.2 will not work if i try to restore on the 8700c?
3. the 8700 will also have Voice so swapping out the sim with the phone numbers it will register in the 8700 or should i just type in all the new phone numbers and make it easy...
1. You can move the SIM and just sync via DM to change handhelds.
2. IIRC you can't perform a full backup on a 7290 and then perform a full restore on an 8700. However, a selective backup and restore should work. If you're syncing regularly, you shouldn't need to back up contacts, calendar, tasks, etc but it doesn't hurt to go ahead and do so.
3. You address book on the BB isn't stored on the SIM. Entries on your SIM will still remain on your SIM. Your contacts/address book should sync over but as I said, go ahead and add the address book to your selective backup (you can always choose not to restore the address book if it syncs over properly to the 8700). You shouldn't need to type in anything unless things go horribly wrong.
The easiest thing to do is to download the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (v4.2) and use the new "Switch Device Wizard". It takes care of the backup and restore for you.
thanks for the replies, you have both answered my questions.. thanks
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.