Originally Posted by paulcomi
"You can get attachments and personal e-mail. But before you get on the BES you have to remove desktop manager and wipe the device"
1) Wipe the device? Why would that be necessary unless they are capturing everything I do and can't do that unless the BES takes control of the device?
2) I use PDLists, PDToday, and have 3 personal email accounts plus I sync the device to ACT. If I remove the desktop software I won't be able to sync to my contact manager. Is this a normal request by IT in order to be set up?
3) I also got this email "It will not join the BES if you have synced with the desktop software. You will your e-mail on the device sometimes before you get it on your laptop"
1) Yes - 95% of BES admins would do wipe device before adding to a BES if previously used elsewhere. Makes it much more likely that the device will work strainght of the bat. Depending on policy they should let you backup/restore.
2) Does your company BES permit you to run non-authorised s/w on the device? It's possible to turn this off at the BES level
3) seems a bit of an odd email - the desktop software can mangle the service books which then screws things up, but desktop s/w can be used with devices on bES. Yes you may well receive mail on the BB prior to receiving on the desktop.