Hi, new to the forum- I've been getting spammed for the last couple weeks on my cingy account. Instead of deleting the account, I created a few filters and it seems to work so far. I found I could absolutely filter @mycingular.bb.net and still get my forwards. So:
1. I filtered out anything addressed To: @mycingular.bb.net
2. I filtered out anything CC'd to @mycingular.bb.net
Since my work mail forwards whatever I am supposed to get:
3. I created a filter to allow anything addressed to
(since that is REALLY the name in the TO field, not the mycingular name- even though the mycingular is an address to which things are forwarded) , and created another filter to:
4. allow anything From @work.com.
The final filter was to:
5. allow trusted mail (if there is such a thing) to be delivered: I allowed multiple @somewhere.whatever addresses to be forwarded.
Now, I still get all my work mail forwarded to the BB, even though any @mycingular.bb.net is theoretically filtered out and not delivered- just no spam sent directly to the BB.
We happen to use a spam filtering service for our Exchange Server anyway, so I know that no spam will come from any @work.com address.
One other thing I do is forward from work to gmail, and let gmail forward to the BB. Confused yet? I am......