01-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Jul 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | 8700c - TCP/IP streams not working - Cingular doesn't know how to fix
Please Login to Remove!
The following explains what has been happening with my Blackberry 8700c:
1. I call Cingular to change a small detail in my billing plan (from $64.99/month International Data to $69.99/month International Data + discounted int'l roaming)
2. Cingular makes the change to billing, we hang up, new billing setup is showing on my account at Cingular.com
3. Any application I have that requires TCP/IP streams, starts giving the error "could not open tunnel". This includes IM+, Quotestream, Newsclip, and others. "Normal" blackberry use works fine (web browsing, PIN messages, etc.)
4. I call Cingular tech support to ask them to fix my TCP/IP streaming.
5. After being transferred around for (literally!) an hour, I finally get to a tech support rep who (sort of) understands Blackberry issues.
6. The rep checks my setup, tells me everything is fine, and that "3rd party applications are not supported", has me load Google.com in the Blackberry web browser, as proof that everything is working fine....as I insist that it's just TCP/IP streams that don't work, he goes back to saying "3rd party applications are not supported" and seems to have no idea what I am talking about when I refer to sockets, streams, etc.
7. I hang up, go back to step #3 above, hoping to get a more educated rep, and repeat 5 times in the same day, to no avail. FRUSTRATING!
A. HOW DO YOU GET TO A CINGULAR BLACKBERRY TECH SUPPORT PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT THE *%$(*%($ THEY ARE DOING?!?!
B. How do I get Cingular to fix my TCP/IP streams?
Any help would be appreciated! It's amazing how much time I burned up today (5+ hours) trying to get this fixed, and at the end of the day I'm left with no solutions!