I have constantly been looking for a great RSS Reader that automatically updates and pushes content to my phone.
There are tons of great RSS Readers out there but they all seem to have their flaws. The biggest was either cost or not pushing automatically to my phone.
In addition, I check my email about 100 times a day and never wanted to check a third party app for my news or RSS.
Here is my workaround to this problem. It might work for you or might think it is a bunch of b.s. Either way, I think it is great and might help a lot of members out there.
1) I found a website RssFwd : Reading RSS the way you are already reading your emails
that converts rss feeds into emails. Simply go to the site and bunch in url for the feed and then type in your email for delivery. That simple.
- Ease of use
- Check RSS in a native application you already use
- Excessive inbox usage
- Constant vibrating or ringing anytime an RSS feed gets updated.
Workarounds for Cons:
1) I use an email address from Yahoo. Due to native IMAP one way sync when I delete a feed from RSSFwd it automatically deletes on Yahoo! Account.
2) To avoid constant vibrating or ringing I created an exception in profiles for the RSS emails. I added rssfwd@rssfwd as an address to my contacts. Then when I get an email from rssfwd it makes no noise. I get enough emails that I am checking it every few hours anyway. It really is a great way to check it.