BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 7290
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dialing Suffix??

Please Login to Remove!

Good Afternoon,
I hope someone has some insight into this issue, I really need to get this resolved.. My boss is using the 7290 model and all his contact phone numbers appear fine, until one is dialed. Something is adding a 3 to the end of the number, preventing the call from going through.. Is there a setting that can be checked that may be causing this? I checked the phone number length and it is set to 10. (I thought maybe it had been accidentally changed to 11, allowing another digit.)

Thanks in advance for any help. This is really an inconvenience!!

Offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 7520
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

did you every find an answer to your problem? I am having the same problem.
Offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Try a hard reboot by removing and reinserting the battery. Sometimes I also remove the SIM card, if the device has one. That clears up a lot of odd issues.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 7290
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you Juwaack, I will try that this afternoon and post the results.. Denbro, are you using using any 3rd party applications? We are trying to sync from Blackberry to Outlook to a 3rd party application, and having a lot of trouble.. This may have caused the problem, I don't know. But I think we'll soon be scrapping it and just syncing to Outlook.

Thanks for your thoughts and I'll reply with the results..

Offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 7290
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Problem solved. It was the default data in the phone number fields, coming from the 3rd party application. The default data in the empty fields looked like (___)___-____ Ex.____, and every phone number had Ex.___ after it. This was transferred into Outlook, and then into the Blackberry, though it was not visible.. For whatever reason, the Blackberry interpreted it as a 3.

Doing some testing, I deleted the Ex.___ after the number in Outlook, saved it, re-synchronized, and the number dialed fine from the Blackberry.



Hope this helps.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.