- - SMS from BB
|martin_j001 ||09-23-2004 06:39 AM |
SMS from BB
For everyone who wants to be able to use their email to text someone with a standard phone, here are the email extensions for most of the North American carriers....the phone address will be the 10 digit number followed by their carrier extension....
Sprint-- @messaging.sprintpcs.com (not positive on this one)
U.S. Cellular-- @email.uscc.net
Bell Mobility-- @txt.bellmobility.com
Let me know if I screwed up anything or forgot anything.
Originally Posted by An Edit by Mark Rejhon to add what NASCAR17NH
...Forget about all of the different extensions and carriers the only one you need to know is this! - the 10 digit mobile #@teleflip.com. This will reroute the message to any mobile number automatically no matter what the service provider is. I have been using this for over a year on regular e-mail and my cell before I purchased my BB.
|JesseRPI ||09-23-2004 09:23 AM |
This should be a sticky.
|cold13 ||09-24-2004 11:39 AM |
|Mark Rejhon ||09-24-2004 04:27 PM |
I have added this link to my FAQ thread (link in signature). Some important information about SMS on a BlackBerry:
Edit: Thanks to a tip by NASCAR17NH, you can use <10digit>@teleflip.com if you don't remember which carrier extension you are trying to reach. Teleflip will automatically route your email to the correct carrier as an SMS.
- No SMS Plan Needed: SMS is purely optional with a BlackBerry. You can send SMS by email instead of using SMS. Or you can just stick to email if you only need to communicate using email.
- Unlimited Outgoing SMS: By sending SMS as email on BlackBerry as described above in this thread, there is no charge sending outgoing SMS messages this way if you have an unlimited GPRS plan. You do not even need an SMS plan if you plan to send outgoing SMS messages only as email messages.
- BlackBerry Still Benefits from SMS Plan: If you decide to have a SMS plan, BlackBerry can also allow you to compose SMS directly instead of using email addresses. Go to Messages screen, Click thumbwheel, select "Compose SMS". An advantage of doing it this way is that BlackBerry has a special feature that allows you to type SMS messages up to about 1000 characters. BlackBerry automatically splits these long messages into multiple SMS messages.
- SMS Without A Voice Plan: You can have SMS without a voice plan, if needed. Some people like to use a BlackBerry without a voice plan (especially among people who are hard of hearing).
- What Is The Phone Number Of My BlackBerry?: If you are on a data-only plan and forget the phone number of your BlackBerry -- you can find out what the phone number of your BlackBerry by going to Options -> SIM Card. Your BlackBerry phone number is always listed there!
This is a "Mark Rejhon BlackBerry FAQ" article.
Copyright (C) 2005 by Mark Rejhon, All Rights Reserved. Some portions may be Copyright (C) by respective forum members.
Mark Rejhon grants permission to use this article only for private use. For all other uses, please ask Mark Rejhon at www.marky.com to ask for permission to use this article. If any content of this article also contains content by other forum members, please ask them for permission too as well. This includes commercial use, public use, reposting in full/part anywhere on the Internet, publication in magazine/book or any other media, or any other use than private use. This copyright notice may not be edited or removed in any manner. Mark Rejhon reserves exclusive right to edit, remove, or restore this article, and this article may not be edited, removed, or restored by any other individual or organizations.
|martin_j001 ||09-27-2004 06:46 AM |
Mark, the only thing I would add to what you have already stated is that the Nextel Blackberry's are not SMS capable--only through email can you send and receive any text-type message. So for those of us using Nextel's, we need to know the email extensions to send messages to peoples phones. Thanks!
|vanduse1 ||11-09-2004 09:37 AM |
|martin_j001 ||11-09-2004 02:22 PM |
|joflow ||11-10-2004 02:36 PM |
|NASCAR17NH ||11-10-2004 04:18 PM |
|cold13 ||11-10-2004 06:14 PM |
|mikegold ||11-10-2004 06:21 PM |
|NASCAR17NH ||11-10-2004 06:31 PM |
|p_dizzo ||11-10-2004 07:36 PM |
|bperkins ||11-10-2004 10:11 PM |
|p_dizzo ||11-11-2004 06:11 PM |
|bperkins ||11-11-2004 08:47 PM |
|peterbra ||12-07-2004 03:28 PM |
|barryh11 ||12-07-2004 03:48 PM |
|rmaddux3 ||12-28-2004 03:27 PM |
one thing i have had a problem with on my Nextel BB is that when someone sends me a text message from a normal phone, there is no caller ID to identify who the text came from. No number, no name, just nothing. Even if the person texting me is in my address book.
|WorldIRC ||12-28-2004 03:32 PM |
That teleflip looks good :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.