BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/)
-   -   Cleaning Screen (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/6607-cleaning-screen.html)

pauly 04-14-2005 05:50 PM

Cleaning Screen
 
I have a 7730 and was wondering how you clean your screen? The thread I found using the search function was filled with empty posts. A different thread mentioned using plastic cleaners and microfibre cloths.

Also, how about some recommendations for clear screen protectors.

Any help is appreciated.

jibi 04-14-2005 06:06 PM

ScreenGuardz

and i use buffing goo to make the scratches go away. they don't really go away though, but boy is my screen shiny.

:razz:

cayzac 04-15-2005 04:45 AM

Use a piece of transparent "Scotch" tape. Stick it to the screen and peel away the dirt and fingerprints. Works great!

earpon 04-15-2005 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayzac
Use a piece of transparent "Scotch" tape. Stick it to the screen and peel away the dirt and fingerprints. Works great!

Nice! I am definitely going to try that. :)

blkberryboy 04-15-2005 07:05 AM

BE CAREFUL WIth SCOTCH TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
The tape has the very real, very serious knack for leaving sticky residue on the screen. I use a glass cleaner type of cloth, like an Oakley sunglass case. I would also recomend getting screen protectors and cutting them to size and then you can just peel away than replace.

geekman686 04-15-2005 07:53 PM

If you are looking for a good quality screen protector, try www.boxwave.com and then the Crystal screen protectors.

They are very tough but more importantly very clear. They do however have a glare problem. I find the Boxwave Crystal does not dull the screen as much as other screen protectors.

Plus, they are cut to match the BB 72XX!!

they are expensive at $10 per,but last forever.

BTW, I do not work for Boxwave just a happy user! I've been using Boxwave screen protectors on my Palm Tungsten E for the last 18 months.

harleyxlc 04-15-2005 08:16 PM

Haven't tried it on the blackberry, but on other pdas I have used Plexus. it is a plastics cleaner found in airplane stores and motorcycle shops :)

mrmikeinga 04-29-2005 10:46 AM

Removing Scratches
 
I am a 7100T user and managed to get the screen scratched in several places during a bike ride. I used Meguiars Plastx Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish and it did a terrific jpb at removing the scratches. I strongly recommend it if you have scratches.

I also purchased a screen detector from www.boxwave.com which I learned about on this forum. Although expensive at $12.00 for one protecter, it appears to be durable to handle pretty much anythoing I'll throw at it.

Just thought this would be benefical for other users.

Big O 04-29-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmikeinga
I used Meguiars Plastx Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish and it did a terrific jpb at removing the scratches. I strongly recommend it if you have scratches.

Can this product be used for normal cleaning of the screen without damaging?
Would this product also work on a cell phone screen? I have a phone with a lot of scratches.

Where can this product be found? Any local autoparts store?

sharpycl 04-29-2005 10:11 PM

I use multi-purpose wipes to clean the screen, and the rest of the blackberry. They are treated with alchohol and are used to clean computer screens and other surfaces without scratching or staining the screen.

Keeps my BB pretty clean... and have no known issues to make you aware of.

jacobsaa 04-29-2005 10:35 PM

you can use a very soft kleenex with a TOUCH of water.. then dry with the dry end of the kleenex.

FiftiesDean 04-29-2005 11:06 PM

use the Scotch Tape made for wrapping presents, it works much better and leaves no residue.....

roofus 04-30-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkberryboy
The tape has the very real, very serious knack for leaving sticky residue on the screen. I use a glass cleaner type of cloth, like an Oakley sunglass case. I would also recomend getting screen protectors and cutting them to size and then you can just peel away than replace.

If you use the blue scotch tape it should not leave residue. The red will leave residue, green is better, but blue is best.

The microfibre bag that sunglasses come in is good too!
8-)

mrmikeinga 05-18-2005 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmikeinga
I am a 7100T user and managed to get the screen scratched in several places during a bike ride. I used Meguiars Plastx Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish and it did a terrific jpb at removing the scratches. I strongly recommend it if you have scratches.

I also purchased a screen detector from www.boxwave.com which I learned about on this forum. Although expensive at $12.00 for one protecter, it appears to be durable to handle pretty much anythoing I'll throw at it.

Just thought this would be benefical for other users.


I wanted to give my two cents on the screen detector. I didn't find the product helpful mainly because I keep my phone in my pocket and after a few days, the screen started falling off and dirt and dust started getting underneath the screen until the screen lost its stickiness. And I did follow the directions on installing the screen. I think I used the screen a total of 5 or 6 days and just gave up. I fugure if I get any more scratches I'll just use the Meguiars Plastx Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish which can be purchased at any auto store.

cbotd 07-14-2005 09:58 AM

Just tried the scotch tape bit. Worked GREAT! I forgot how good the 7230 screen can look. It's so much brighter and vibrant.

Thanks for the tip.

ngp 08-04-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbotd
Just tried the scotch tape bit. Worked GREAT! I forgot how good the 7230 screen can look. It's so much brighter and vibrant.

Thanks for the tip.

WOW!!!! :-o I was very doubtful about this but went ahead and just tried it...incredible! This has so far been the most effective method of cleaning my 7290's screen!!!!!

stonent 08-04-2005 12:55 PM

We use these: http://www.raglady.com/microfiber/mi...th-resized.jpg

T-Roy 08-04-2005 01:11 PM

A cheap solution is 50% Isopropyl Alcohol with a used Dryer Sheet.

I would suggest reading up on the best way to clean an LCD monitor. Windex is a no no.

ahovis 08-04-2005 01:54 PM

Best thing out there I have found is "Klear Screen" by Meridrew Enterprises. Comes in a spray bottle with special clothes as well as travel foil packs. Made for hi price optics and PDA screens. Have been using for years and found nothing better. Take a look here:
http://www.klearscreen.com/index.html

shadowlesss 08-17-2005 01:57 PM

The tape bit works great!!! Using Scotch tape leaves absolutely no residue!!! The tape comes off very very easily, along with the dirt and finger prints!!



Quote:

Originally Posted by cbotd
Just tried the scotch tape bit. Worked GREAT! I forgot how good the 7230 screen can look. It's so much brighter and vibrant.

Thanks for the tip.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.