02-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Opera Mini - UK Vodafone - Set up Guide
Please Login to Remove!
I bought my first ever BB this month. A 8707v on UK Vodafone.
I downloaded the Opera Mini 3.1, and kept getting a "No internet connection" and a failed set-up.
For the benefit of this forum, and the search button in the future.
I would like to document how I fixed the install problem, and got the browser to work.
Please note that is how-to guide is for UK VODAFONE.
1. Install the software, which I have assumed you've done.
2. Goto SETTINGS >> OPTIONS >> ADVANCED OPTIONS
then scroll down to the TCP Menu.
3. Within the TCP Menu, you have to enter 3 bit of information:
Username for APN: web
Password for APN: web
All are entered in lowercase.
Make sure no extra spacemarks are entered. Using the BB keyboard it's an easy mistake to make, and very hard to notice and toubleshoot the error.
NOTE. There are different settings for WAP, however as you wish to use the Opera browser to access the Internet, entering the settings for WAP, will not be of any use.
Please use the settings I've listed above.
4. Then please go back one screen to the Option Advanced screen.
Now goto Applications screen, and scroll down to the
>> Opera Mini << listing. It might be in between MemoPad and Password Keeper on your machine.
Highlight Opera Mini, and click on it.
Select Edit Permissions.
Then. Change all the options from CUSTOM to ALLOW.
SAVE your changes.
5. Now, power down your BB. Remove the battery, and give it about 30 seconds.
6. Put the battery back in.
7. Power back on the BB.
8. Turn the Wireless back on. Let the BB find your network and get a signal.
9. Run the Opera Browser setup again, and all should work.
Last edited by Hayden-san : 02-28-2007 at 04:33 AM.