04-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newark, Ohio
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can not use the sim from your old phone. Check this out:
Here's how I did it. Works perfectly.
1) Read your phone using Phonebook manager or RSS
2) Alphabetize the list by double clicking the name column
3) Copy & Paste to an Excel Spreadsheet (CTRL C, CTRL V)
4) Insert a row on top with the following: Name, Home Phone, Office Phone, Mobile Phone, Radio Phone, Business Fax
5) Highlight the entire sheet and click Data, Sort, Office Phone (or column C)
6) Cut and paste the group of numbers under the appropriate column (Home numbers under the “Home Phone” column, Private under the “Radio Phone” column ect.
7) Erase any non numeric (Private, Work 1, Work 2, Mobile) items while moving the numbers to the appropriate columns.
8) Highlight the spreadsheet again and click data, sort, name (or column A)
9) Cut and paste so that all phone numbers are under 1 row next to the name. If the person doesn’t have a home number or a fax number, it’s OK to leave it blank. If the person has multiple numbers, they will have multiple names, just delete any extra names, leaving just 1 name on the row with multiple numbers.
10) Once you finish combining all the numbers per row, click Data, Sort, Name (Column A). Make sure the first row has the headings (Name, Home Phone, Ect.)
11) Right click the 2 other tabs on the bottom that say SHEET 2 and SHEET 3 and delete them, leaving just 1 sheet.
12) Go to File, Save as, Bottom of the screen under save type as: select CSV and click save. Lets assume you call the file MYPHONEBOOK
13) Open your Outook, click File, Import Export and select Import from another program or file.
14) Click Comma Separated Value (Windows) and click Next
15) Click Browse and locate the file ie: MYPHONEBOOK
16) Double click Contacts and click Map Custom Fields
17) If you named the fields correctly, the “mapped from” column will have populated automatically. If not drag and drop the proper field on the left CSV file to the column on the right “mapped from” column and click OK
18) Click finish and all your Nextel contacts will be imported into your outlook.
19) Use the Blackberry desktop software to sync up with outlook.