Originally Posted by kroth1342
On a similar train of thought to what Myztikal and Archer were talking about, I also need to set up my unlocked Pearl with Cingular. Besides getting the unlimited e-mail and internet plan, does Cingular have to do anything else to the settings of the phone to configure it to use the plan features, or is that all stuff I have to do on my own?
Greetings kroth1342, and Welcome to the Forum!
Here's how to get setup:
1) Get your Cingular Plan complete with airtime & unlimited personal BB data plan (BIS).
2) Go to the BIS page via your computer and enter your email account.
3) Turn on your BB and it will register with the system and the BIS will send the icons and related data to your BB automatically.
4) Load the Desktop Manager from the CD that came with your BB, or if you do not have that, go to the RIM website and download it.
5) Install and setup the desktop mgr.
6) Connect your BB to the desktop manager to sync with outlook if that's what you use for your address book/calendar etc.
Remember that there is a help icon on the start screen of your BB, that answers 90% of your questions and is a good way to learn about your BB.
Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.