BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CT
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,137
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking BIS users with multiple email accounts...(AOL,YAHOO,GMAIL,etc)

Please Login to Remove!

Do the majority of you have all these email accounts forwarded to ONE Yahoo account since version 2.3 now offers better email management with Yahoo Mail Plus?

I would love to be able to have my Aol accounts (3), Gmail account (1), and my Yahoo account (1) coincide and be managed together on Yahoo with (sub folders synced) - whats the best way to do this?

Thanks!
__________________
Fred
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
Do the majority of you have all these email accounts forwarded to ONE Yahoo account since version 2.3 now offers better email management with Yahoo Mail Plus?

I would love to be able to have my Aol accounts (3), Gmail account (1), and my Yahoo account (1) coincide and be managed together on Yahoo with (sub folders synced) - whats the best way to do this?

Thanks!
I would like to know this also. I would also like to know how to get my "sent from BB" mail to show up on outlook via pop so I have a record of every full conversation.
__________________
--------------------------------------------
"World Champions. World F---ing Champions"...Chase Utley. As heard by my 6 and 8 year old sons.
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CT
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,137
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well I set some filters under BIS, for my yahoo mail account, but no good - none of the other email accounts (aol) forward the emails to the yahoo account.

I set the filters according to the instructions but no luck. I guess I'm missing something??
__________________
Fred
Offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 49
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Gmail will grab mail from other accounts but I do not think that is what you are looking for as Gmail has no folders.
Jimbo
__________________
Living life and Loving IT!

Jimbo
Offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
Do the majority of you have all these email accounts forwarded to ONE Yahoo account since version 2.3 now offers better email management with Yahoo Mail Plus?
I don't because you can't send from those accounts if you funnel them all through Yahoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
I would also like to know how to get my "sent from BB" mail to show up on outlook via pop so I have a record of every full conversation.
I'm not sure what you mean by "show up on Outlook via POP" but signatures are set via your carrier's BIS site and each integrated account has its own signature.
Offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
I don't because you can't send from those accounts if you funnel them all through Yahoo.


I'm not sure what you mean by "show up on Outlook via POP" but signatures are set via your carrier's BIS site and each integrated account has its own signature.
Sorry, I see now that I was not clear. I do not mean my sig. What I mean is e-mail sent from my BB (the actual mail) to show up on my Outlook (which POPs Yahoo). I will then have a record of every e-mail sent and received whether it is done from Outlook Express or from my BB. Got it?

I had this working before BIS 2.3 via filters on Gmail but I now use Yahoo (my Domain holder anyway) because they have read/delete.

Does that make it more clear? Sorry for the confusion, I could see how you thought I meant sig when I said "sent from BB".
__________________
--------------------------------------------
"World Champions. World F---ing Champions"...Chase Utley. As heard by my 6 and 8 year old sons.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CT
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,137
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
I don't because you can't send from those accounts if you funnel them all through Yahoo.


I'm not sure what you mean by "show up on Outlook via POP" but signatures are set via your carrier's BIS site and each integrated account has its own signature.
thanks for your reply - Can't we have "incoming emails" forwarded to the Yahoo account and then when composing, choose which account to send from on the BB?

Cheers
__________________
Fred
Offline  
Old 06-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
archer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California, USA
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 1,105
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
What I mean is e-mail sent from my BB (the actual mail) to show up on my Outlook (which POPs Yahoo). I will then have a record of every e-mail sent and received whether it is done from Outlook Express or from my BB. Got it?

I had this working before BIS 2.3 via filters on Gmail but I now use Yahoo (my Domain holder anyway) because they have read/delete.
I get it…. I’ve been using both Gmail, Yahoo Plus Along with Outlook 2003, no problem. I have email records in Outlook, just as you are looking to do. However that said I have not upgraded to ver. 2.3 as it offered no advantages for me. In addition, it’s been my experience that it’s not the best idea to upgrade right away with any change in software. I would much rather sit back and watch all the problems that others are having, wait until they are all fixed and the new software is properly debugged. Then I make a move if it seems to function properly and it’s stable and reliable. I save all the downtime and trouble that way.

Why mess with a good setup just for the sake of having the “newest” software available.

Cheers….

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
Can't we have "incoming emails" forwarded to the Yahoo account and then when composing, choose which account to send from on the BB?
How I accomplish this is to use Outlook 2003, for all my contacts. It works perfectly with Yahoo, Gmail etc. and when I’m sending an email from my BlackBerry I have a choice of which email I wish to “send from” as all my accounts are listed in Outlook. The first choice I’m presented with when composing an email is which account I want to send it from. At this point I make a choice and proceed accordingly.
__________________
My All Time Favorite: _RED-8310_ Backups: 7130c, 8100, O2 8300, at&t 8300, 8700c, 8800, 8820
Offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CT
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,137
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
I get it…. I’ve been using both Gmail, Yahoo Plus Along with Outlook 2003, no problem. I have email records in Outlook, just as you are looking to do. However that said I have not upgraded to ver. 2.3 as it offered no advantages for me. In addition, it’s been my experience that it’s not the best idea to upgrade right away with any change in software. I would much rather sit back and watch all the problems that others are having, wait until they are all fixed and the new software is properly debugged. Then I make a move if it seems to function properly and it’s stable and reliable. I save all the downtime and trouble that way.

Why mess with a good setup just for the sake of having the “newest” software available.

Cheers….



How I accomplish this is to use Outlook 2003, for all my contacts. It works perfectly with Yahoo, Gmail etc. and when I’m sending an email from my BlackBerry I have a choice of which email I wish to “send from” as all my accounts are listed in Outlook. The first choice I’m presented with when composing an email is which account I want to send it from. At this point I make a choice and proceed accordingly.


How do you have the settings set up under Outlook? I cant get past the setup screen - it says "unable to send test email message, check your settings" - what am I doing wrong? I let Outlook 2007 auto config Yahoo but it can't.

Are you referring to BIS? I thought Outlook folders and BIS can't sync together on the BB? How do you do it?
__________________
Fred
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.