For those who are coming here looking for information, here's what we know:
- Users can send but not receive emails.
- Service books are not being delivered.
- The issue started around 7:00 AM ET.
- Service was temporarily restored for some users around or just before 9:00 ET, but stopped again within a few minutes.
- It is not specific to any one carrier or email provider (i.e., it is a BIS issue).
- RIM's automated network notification line STILL reports that there are no outages.
As an aside...does anyone know...when entering the IMEI under the "Change your device" option on BIS, does it matter if you include or not include the dots between the digits? I notice that if you get your IMEI using Options>Status, the number contains some dots. If you get it from the sticker under your battery, there are no dots.