BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question MINO Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

I just read about MINO a few hours ago and was intrigued by the service they provide. I'm curious if anyone have used it before and how do you like it?
I will try it myself since they have a free trial, so I'm more curious in people who have tried this outside US.

Thanks!
Offline  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,034
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default

I have not found VoIP via a cell phone being that great. Call quality isn't good enough for business or personal calls IMHO. Maybe for you, but not for me.
Offline  
Old 06-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
I have not found VoIP via a cell phone being that great. Call quality isn't good enough for business or personal calls IMHO. Maybe for you, but not for me.
You're right. I called my coworker 10 feet away and the voice "quality" is horrible!
I don't see how this company can survive if the quality is really that bad.
Offline  
Old 06-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,034
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk11 View Post
You're right. I called my coworker 10 feet away and the voice "quality" is horrible!
I don't see how this company can survive if the quality is really that bad.
It all depends on the connection and VoIP goes via data I think, plus a handheld just doesn't have the horsepower (processor speed and memory) nor the bandwidth to make it very usable.

Last edited by Dubdub : 06-22-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
It all depends on the connection and VoIP goes via data I think, plus a handheld just doesn't have the horsepower (processor speed and memory) nor the bandwidth to make it very usable.
It does a call back to your phone, so I don't think it has anything to do with the BB's processor. BB just thinks of it as regular call. They have some kind of equipment that converts it to data.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.