Originally Posted by bryanyu81
Check to see if he has GPRS access on the phone... I think that you may since you can receive... I have run into these issues with my customers... tryin taking you're battery out and count to 10 and then replace the battery and try sending again.
You may also want to check you're webclient to make sure that you have changed the PIN of the new equiptment... Hope this helps but if not please PIN me and I will try my best to help you.
Yes, he is able to receive email so he has GPRS service - we have also tried doing hard resets. We are on BES, so we do not have the web client. The PIN is correct on the BES, though. I chatted with Cingular support last night and they gave me this to try:
- On the device, go to Options | Service Book
- Delete the five items listed as "Desktop Manager", or User Name if you changed the default
- These items should include: BrowserConfig, IPPP, CICAL, ALP and CMIME
- Reconnect the device to the machine running Desktop Manager
- Go to Redirector Settings | Security and manually install a new security key
I just received an email from the executive with the problem and this procedure resolved the issue. Hopefully this post will help others, as this procedure is not posted anywhere else that I was able to find!
Thanks for all the help!