Originally Posted by jwh463
... the spam is killing me
Same thing here. After deleting my swbell account and reregistering it on my blackberry I'm getting all my emails including a bunch of spam I wasn't getting before this fiasco.
Here's the fix I followed from the Broadband Reports AT&T subforum: Mail Changes Coming! - dslreports.com
Dear AT&T Yahoo! Member,
We're making some security improvements to your AT&T Yahoo! service. These changes will affect members who send or receive email from a desktop or mobile client program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Eudora, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird.
To continue sending and receiving email with your desktop or mobile email client program, please take the following steps by March 30, 2007.
1. Open your email client program.
2. Locate the email account settings for your particular client.
3. Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.
4. Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
5. Change the SMTP port to 465 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).
6. Change the POP3 port to 995 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).
For detailed instructions on making these changes in Outlook and Outlook Express, please click here.
The web-based version of AT&T Yahoo! Mail is not affected by these changes and will continue to be available at »mail.yahoo.com.
If you have questions, please call us at 1-800-ATT-2020.
AT&T Yahoo! Customer Care