BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Making Folders on home screen

Please Login to Remove!

Can I introduce folders on the home Menu page .. and bunch up couple of applications into it ?
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It depends on the theme. If you're using a Today theme, then no, the icons that are there are the only ones you can put there. If you're using a Zen theme then sure. Here's how:

From the main home screen, press the menu button to go to where all the icons are. Then press menu again and click 'add folder'. You can then give it a name and pick an icon for it. Click OK to create the folder. Then highlight the folder, press menu, click move. You can then drag it to one of the top 5 icons. This will allow it to show up on the home screen. Then to add icons to that folder, just highlight the icon you want to move, press menu, click move, and drag it to the folder. It's that easy!!!
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I figured I'd bump this one instead of creating a new one.

I don't seem to have the folder option on my Blackberry 8800.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using the original OS since I did a full restore from a June backup. I've been using BB's since the 7510 so I've followed the instructions to a "T" so I'm assuming I have an OS problem.

Any answers?

Thanks in advance.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbos View Post
I figured I'd bump this one instead of creating a new one.

I don't seem to have the folder option on my Blackberry 8800.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using the original OS since I did a full restore from a June backup. I've been using BB's since the 7510 so I've followed the instructions to a "T" so I'm assuming I have an OS problem.

Any answers?

Thanks in advance.
What is the OS version that you are using?
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
What is the OS version that you are using?
4.2.1.174 (Platform 2.3.0.54)
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would load version 4.2.1.139/4.2.1.79 from AT&T - https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Be sure to use the the proper .ALX file as well - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

For instruction on installing the OS and .ALX check here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...-4-2-only.html
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
I would load version 4.2.1.139/4.2.1.79 from AT&T - https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Be sure to use the the proper .ALX file as well - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

For instruction on installing the OS and .ALX check here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...-4-2-only.html
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Is there any reason that you wouldn't go with the newest 8800 OS?
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Umm, no not really, I just choose the AT&T version from the list. You can find info on the newer versions, including installation and .alx downloads here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...-4-2-only.html
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
Umm, no not really, I just choose the AT&T version from the list. You can find info on the newer versions, including installation and .alx downloads here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...-4-2-only.html

Thanks. Greatly appreciated.

Went to Minnesota for the first time last weekend back to my girlfriends familys home. Besides the Guinea Pig being served at Chino Latino's in Minneapolis it was a great state to visit. lol

I'll let you know how my install goes soon as I can get to a PC and off my Mac.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbos View Post
Thanks. Greatly appreciated.

Went to Minnesota for the first time last weekend back to my girlfriends familys home. Besides the Guinea Pig being served at Chino Latino's in Minneapolis it was a great state to visit. lol

I'll let you know how my install goes soon as I can get to a PC and off my Mac.
Sounds good.

Yeah Chinos is a bit of an odd place, but decent if you can get past some of the items on the menu. Next time you're here stick to the Micro Breweries (if you are a fan of beer) can't go wrong with burgers and beer.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Installed the new OS and the new themes. Even wiped the Blackberry using JL and reinstalled everything. Still no luck.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you using a Zen theme? Not really sure if that matters, however on the Zen theme if you go to the application list and choose the menu button you should see an option for 'Add Folder.'
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
Are you using a Zen theme? Not really sure if that matters, however on the Zen theme if you go to the application list and choose the menu button you should see an option for 'Add Folder.'
Yup. Using a Zen theme and there is no option. I'm guessing maybe this is a 4.2.2 feature? From my web research that looks to be it.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.