BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can't send email from the 8830

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I tried to send an email from the 8830 and the message is not sent. The error is "Desktop email program unable to submit message"

I have a feeling that is not configured properly. I'm using BES express to receive and send email messages from Exchange. Receiving works great. How do I send?

Thanks
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I found out about this today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas View Post
Hi,

I tried to send an email from the 8830 and the message is not sent. The error is "Desktop email program unable to submit message"

I have a feeling that is not configured properly. I'm using BES express to receive and send email messages from Exchange. Receiving works great. How do I send?

Thanks
If you have a protected account I.E you are an admin of your domain. You will be unable to send. Your Network admin will have to create a second account for your admin roles and keep your regular account as a standard user. BES uses "send as" and if your account is protected you can only recieve
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmrt View Post
If you have a protected account I.E you are an admin of your domain. You will be unable to send. Your Network admin will have to create a second account for your admin roles and keep your regular account as a standard user. BES uses "send as" and if your account is protected you can only recieve
Thanks for the reply

I'm not sure I understand. I have BES Express one user license, and my account is an admin within the domain but not the 'Administrator' account. I followed all the instructions as described by RIM. Do I have to do something different to send emails from the 8830?
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am also a domain admin and have no problems sending/receiving.

Can you send a PIN message?
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_perry View Post
I am also a domain admin and have no problems sending/receiving.

Can you send a PIN message?
Thanks for the reply.

I never tried it. When I tried to reply to an email earlier today, and the email failed, I noticed that at the top it had: Sent Using: Desktop (Secure)

I thought that might be the problem but since I don't know where to look for solution I didn't know what to do
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I never tried it. When I tried to reply to an email earlier today, and the email failed, I noticed that at the top it had: Sent Using: Desktop (Secure)

I thought that might be the problem but since I don't know where to look for solution I didn't know what to do
Well, if you have someone to test the PIN message with, I would do that as it can narrow down what the possible problems are.

You also might want to try registering the device with the network again. Do a reset by pulling the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in and let the BB boot. Then go to Options- Advanced Options - Host Routing Table, press the menu button and choose 'Register Now'
Offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_perry View Post
Well, if you have someone to test the PIN message with, I would do that as it can narrow down what the possible problems are.

You also might want to try registering the device with the network again. Do a reset by pulling the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in and let the BB boot. Then go to Options- Advanced Options - Host Routing Table, press the menu button and choose 'Register Now'
That didn't do it. I re-registered with the network and the email failed again
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As mentioned, your account being a domain admin is protected. You will have to use the DSACLS command to give your protected account "SendAs" permissions , THEN you will be able to send. Check out the KB Article from MS KB 912918
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Actually

The "Send As" right is removed from a user object after you configure the "Send As" right in the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in in Exchange Server
Offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bravo !

This certainly did the trick for me - I followed Microsoft KB912918 about adding the BESAdmin account to my admin account as "send as" and then emails started going through.

I would have chucked my BB a long time ago if it wasn't for this web site, thanks to all who are so knowledgable here.

Paul
Offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
mpaquette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I followed Microsoft KB912918 and even ran the AddSendAs.vbs script using the export and import options. I am still unable to send from my BB 8830. The error message says "Desktop Email program unable to submit message". I can send email to the BB 8830, but not from.

I double and triple checked the permissions for the BESAdmin account and they are correct.

This is very frustrating. Please help.
Offline  
Old 01-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had a similar problem with one of our users. We removed that user from
the BES per BB tech support and wiped the phone. Then readded the user to BES and reactivated the phone. That took care of that problem...
Offline  
Old 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know there are a lot of these but I have tried all of them and when I give besadmin send as and recieve as access to my account in AD then restart the Blackberry router and the Microsoft info store, it works fine. For about and hour then it craps out again, I check the permissions and they are gone like they were never there. I have read that it might be because I am an administrator but I can't find a fix for this? I tried installing all of the patches, I am running exchange 2003 with the newest service pack. Please help.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.