BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tip of the Year: How to search before posting a (repeat) thread

Please Login to Remove!

There's a link near the top of the screen labeled "SEARCH," for those of you who don't seem to know...

It's amazing how many people post questions that have been answered already in the forum. Now I'm starting to see why people get so annoyed by people who don't search before they post a thread. Especially when that thread was JUST up a day or two prior.

If I sound like I'm whining....I AM!!
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
johnfromphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SE PA thus the name^^
Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 983
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdt View Post
There's a link near the top of the screen labeled "SEARCH," for those of you who don't seem to know...

It's amazing how many people post questions that have been answered already in the forum. Now I'm starting to see why people get so annoyed by people who don't search before they post a thread. Especially when that thread was JUST up a day or two prior.

If I sound like I'm whining....I AM!!
If YOU would have searched the Forum you would have found this:

Rants and Raves Forum - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

__________________
--------------------------------------------
"World Champions. World F---ing Champions"...Chase Utley. As heard by my 6 and 8 year old sons.
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

If you used the search button you would have found this thread that was just posted a few days ago aslo

Search Button!
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
If YOU would have searched the Forum you would have found this:

Rants and Raves Forum - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers
Today 07:59 AM
jsconyers
If you used the search button you would have found this thread that was just posted a few days ago aslo

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
Double Burn...
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
wiscaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Model: 8820
OS: 4.5.0.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 213
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^^^^ Haha, I pictured Kelso saying that when I read it
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles, California
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
Burn...



Double Burn...
I appreciate the CLEVER RESPONSES!

However, it is OBVIOUS that I'm not the one needing an education of search functions.

The whole point, oh CLEVER ONES, is to drop the thread where the IGNORANT ONES will see it!

Make any sense?
Thought so.

But thank you for cheering me up!
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wow and they say I am grumpy.. Your not the first to and certainly wont be the last to go off on a rant about this. You might as well get over it because as long as I have been here it hasnt gotten any better.

And with the release of more consumer based products it will only get worse
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
wiscaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Model: 8820
OS: 4.5.0.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 213
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I say good day!
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdt View Post
I appreciate the CLEVER RESPONSES!

However, it is OBVIOUS that I'm not the one needing an education of search functions.

The whole point, oh CLEVER ONES, is to drop the thread where the IGNORANT ONES will see it!

Make any sense?
Thought so.

But thank you for cheering me up!
No need to get hostile. We were just making light of the situation because just as Dawg said, it isn't going to end anytime soon. Just have to learn to deal with it unfortunatly.
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
rjansen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Model: 8330
OS: 4.3.0.127
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 235
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Someone

wole up and realized there were no good threads so far today, so he decided to be angry at NOOBS
__________________
Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Motorola i710 , i730 , i860 , i930
7100i , 8830 , 8330
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdt View Post
I appreciate the CLEVER RESPONSES!

However, it is OBVIOUS that I'm not the one needing an education of search functions.

The whole point, oh CLEVER ONES, is to drop the thread where the IGNORANT ONES will see it!

Make any sense?
Thought so.

But thank you for cheering me up!
As long as we're RANTING, did you know typing in ALL CAPS is considered YELLING and is very ANNOYING? Almost as bad as using IM-speak.

do u no wut i mean?

Yeahhhh.....search button. Cool. It's there, mocking us. Sometimes I think the search button should just take you right to the FAQ page.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Sometimes I think the search button should just take you right to the FAQ page.
Whata great idea
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: LEZ10
OS: 10.0.10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Posts: 1,704
Post Thanks: 20
Thanked 77 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Except the search function doesn't really work that well. Some times I've search all day for something and only found posts from other people asking what I want to, and getting YELLED at by the BB Elite. Makes this such a pleasant place to hang out in I only come here as a last resort.
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbuckley View Post
Except the search function doesn't really work that well. Some times I've search all day for something and only found posts from other people asking what I want to, and getting YELLED at by the BB Elite. Makes this such a pleasant place to hang out in I only come here as a last resort.
I do agree with you that the search feature isnt that great, but its compounded by the people who ask the same thing over and over making more useless posts you must go through to get an answer.

The search feature does work its all in how you put things
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

All the more reason to check the FAQ site first
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Fireproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Frisco, TX
Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 771
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
Burn...



Double Burn...

dtdt just got owned.

__________________
Current Blackberry: TMO 8800
Previous BBs: 8700g, 7100t, 7520, 7230
Clutch Fitness Forum - Powerbuilding, Bodybuilding, and Nutrition
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
All the more reason to check the FAQ site first
Good point but that can be an information overload..
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I do agree with you that the search feature isnt that great, but its compounded by the people who ask the same thing over and over making more useless posts you must go through to get an answer.

The search feature does work its all in how you put things
Very good point here, but most of the time you can go through the multiple posts to get an answer rather quickly. I personally would read through the multple posts to get the answer than add another thread for future users to have to read through when doing a search.
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Very good point here, but most of the time you can go through the multiple posts to get an answer rather quickly. I personally would read through the multple posts to get the answer than add another thread for future users to have to read through when doing a search.
I do the same as you, I wish others would. This guy was bashing someone earlier for not even reading the whole thread when he clearly had.
Offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I do the same as you, I wish others would. This guy was bashing someone earlier for not even reading the whole thread when he clearly had.
I have read that thread earlier and I seen you responded. I bite my tongue on alot of stuff like that. Threads tend to get off topic rather quickly once someone becomes defensive. Although, sometimes they need to be kept in line!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.