I have an unlocked AT&T 8820 with a BES/BIS pland and am hoping to use it amongst other things to access several Gmail accounts that I use. I see there are a number of ways to do this, including:
- Adding my Gmail account info to the device as BIS accounts.
- Using Google's Gmail BB application.
- Using the phone's browser to access Google's mobile-optimized Gmail website.
What I'd like to know is what's generally considered "best practices" for using Gmail on a BB 8820, with the following goals in mind:
1. I must be able to send and pull email over Wi-Fi with my cell connection turned off (push email to the BB would be nice too but not necessary).
2. The chosen method must keep my Gmail inbox in sync with my BB, e.g. if I Archive an email on the BB it should be Archived on the Gmail website as well.
Originally I was thinking that BIS might be the best way to go since I can use the same inbox and interface for personal email as corporate (I understand you can choose which accounts to send email from and even have different background colours for BES versus BIS email) but I don't know if it will work over Wi-Fi, and of course the Google app may be better and there may be other options I don't even know about.
Any advice would be appreciated!