Just wanted to share my experience with anyone trying to integrate Hotmail with their 7100t. I am now able to receive my Hotmail email on my Blackberry automatically just like my other POP accounts.
Here is how I did it:
1) I am on T-Mobile and I set up my blackberry email account.
2) Download and install a program called GetMail: http://www.e-eeasy.com/GetMail.aspx
3) Once GetMail is installed, enter your full hotmail account where prompted and password. Then enter where you want the Hotmail messages forwarded to (I chose my blackberry account). Check "Mark as Read". Check "Run at Startup". Set the interval you would like your Hotmail checked.
4) If you only use Hotmail, you can even set your Reply To address in the blackberry set up as Hotmail.
5) You have to have your computer running of course so that GetMail can do it's job.
That's all it took for me and now I get my Hotmail!
Hope that helps!