BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   I regret purchasing a BlackBerry 8800 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/107508-i-regret-purchasing-blackberry-8800-a.html)

8800_SF 11-30-2007 10:48 PM

I regret purchasing a BlackBerry 8800
 
the software updates are so very confusing to me.

if i'm on ATT, using a 8800, what is the most current software version i can have?

right now it reads "4.2.1.79"

also, can i install software that's made for 8820 on 8800?

Super Consumer 11-30-2007 11:35 PM

You are on the latest software version. For future reference, you can download updated software here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

I don't recommend installing 8820 software on the 8800.

CBR900RR 12-01-2007 12:25 AM

Click on my sig for the lastest desktop manager 4.3 and OS 4.2.1.108

John Clark 12-01-2007 12:58 AM

You can't load 8820 OS to the 8800 anyway. You can load any 8800 OS (from any carrier--makes no difference) to any 8800.

8800_SF 12-01-2007 03:38 AM

How do I install Wi-Fi in my BB 88OO. I heard the hardware is already in there, but Cingular asked RIM to disable it.

Ulukia 12-01-2007 05:09 AM

Full Specs...
 
The BlackBerry 8800 does not include a WiFi Radio, instead it has a GPS Reciever. The reverse is true in regards to the 8320 (Curve) as it has the WiFi Radio but lacks the GPS Reciever. Now, the 8820 includes both the WiFi Radio and GPS reciever.
Look at the links below, select all the devices and click compare for full details on each device.
BlackBerry 8800 Series Comparison
Blackberry 8300 (Curve) Series Comparison

Berry One 12-01-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8800_SF (Post 759152)
How do I install Wi-Fi in my BB 88OO. I heard the hardware is already in there, but Cingular asked RIM to disable it.

You heard wrong. If you expected to convert 8800 to 8820 by patching or software upgrading it, then you should really start regretting not buying 8820 in the first place.

jsntrenkler 12-01-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berry One (Post 759304)
You heard wrong. If you expected to convert 8800 to 8820 by patching or software upgrading it, then you should really start regretting not buying 8820 in the first place.

Very True!

mrjerome 12-01-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8800_SF (Post 759056)
the software updates are so very confusing to me.

if i'm on ATT, using a 8800, what is the most current software version i can have?

right now it reads "4.2.1.79"

also, can i install software that's made for 8820 on 8800?

You have the latest until 4.3 comes out! No you cannot install software made for the 8820, the OS is different.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.