BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   is there a way to auto enter a username and pw on a website? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/108005-there-way-auto-enter-username-pw-website.html)

NorCalVP 12-04-2007 12:04 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I work for a medical devices company in the field service department. They use the BB's as a dispatching system and send out an Email to us. We are supposed to follow a link and log in to accept or reject the service call. If I didn't have to log in it would be much simpler to take the call.



Any ideas?

Steve

d_fisher 12-04-2007 12:07 PM

It depends more on how the website is created. If it has a method of saving username and password then you should be able to do it on the BlackBerry.

NorCalVP 12-04-2007 01:22 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_fisher
It depends more on how the website is created. If it has a method of saving username and password then you should be able to do it on the BlackBerry.

It's SAP, so it doesn't keep the username and password...

d_fisher 12-04-2007 01:27 PM

Sorry, nothing you can do then.

jltx114 12-04-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_fisher (Post 762951)
Sorry, nothing you can do then.

can't you can create autotext entries on the blackberry to minimize keystrokes?

d_fisher 12-04-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jltx114 (Post 762958)
can't you can create autotext entries on the blackberry to minimize keystrokes?

Don't know if that will work in the web browser or not. It's work a try at the least.

mrjerome 12-05-2007 07:42 AM

AutoText
 
You can make an autotext to do the user name but not the password. Thanks for the idea, I made an autotext for my email address and it works in the browser.

NorCalVP 12-07-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjerome (Post 763831)
You can make an autotext to do the user name but not the password. Thanks for the idea, I made an autotext for my email address and it works in the browser.

I tried the autotext and it wouldn't do either for me... :cry:

Maybe someday someone will create a tool/program to do that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.