BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surprise AZ
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to extend the call log?

Please Login to Remove!

Is there a way to extend the amount of calls/time that is saved in the call log? Right now my log only goes back about a day or so. And I get and make a ton of calls and don't always have time to save/ write down the number and it would be sweet if they would be saved a little longer.

Steve
Offline  
Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,715
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Default

You can't get them to display in the call log any longer. However, you can view all the call logs from the Messages list. Go to Messages >View Folder >Phone Call Logs.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surprise AZ
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
You can't get them to display in the call log any longer. However, you can view all the call logs from the Messages list. Go to Messages >View Folder >Phone Call Logs.

THANK YOU!!! you are the man....
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Jhhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good day,

I just got my BB8830 on 11/27/07 (switched from Palm Treo) and I am on Sprint Unlimited plan. My call log shows all my calls since the day I got my phone, bout a week and a half now. When I go to messages |View Folders| Phone call log| I see the same calls as my call log, only difference is they are sorted per Days.

I have installed the latest update from Sprint. Do you think they made a change in the call log?
__________________
John Hart
Converted Palm Treo User
xxx8220;A man's errors are his portals of discovery.xxx8221;
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surprise AZ
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Interesting....... anyone else got any ideas? I'd love to get it to show up by just looking at the call log.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: Z30
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,921
Post Thanks: 61
Thanked 258 Times in 185 Posts
Default

it won't just show in call log, only the mmost recent 20 show in the Phone Dialer view. Too see all, you do as stated above and then you can see further back.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surprise AZ
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhart View Post
Good day,

I just got my BB8830 on 11/27/07 (switched from Palm Treo) and I am on Sprint Unlimited plan. My call log shows all my calls since the day I got my phone, bout a week and a half now. When I go to messages |View Folders| Phone call log| I see the same calls as my call log, only difference is they are sorted per Days.

I have installed the latest update from Sprint. Do you think they made a change in the call log?

How many calls do you have in the call log? 20 or less?

Steve
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Jhhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, Correct me on my understanding if I am wrong.

My call log does show all my calls since 11/27/07 when I received my 8830. And while I have made and received 140+ calls they have only been to 18 unique people. When I highlight a person in the call log I can "View History" and see all the calls to that person.

So, can I conclude that the call log only lists the 20 most recent unique Contacts you have called. eh?
__________________
John Hart
Converted Palm Treo User
xxx8220;A man's errors are his portals of discovery.xxx8221;
Offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,715
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 115 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhart View Post
Ok, Correct me on my understanding if I am wrong.

My call log does show all my calls since 11/27/07 when I received my 8830. And while I have made and received 140+ calls they have only been to 18 unique people. When I highlight a person in the call log I can "View History" and see all the calls to that person.

So, can I conclude that the call log only lists the 20 most recent unique Contacts you have called. eh?
Correct.
Offline  
Old 12-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Jhhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalVP View Post
Interesting....... anyone else got any ideas? I'd love to get it to show up by just looking at the call log.
Hey I know this is an old thread but I just discovered something about the phone log while on vacation. If you are in the message view and press ALT then P it jumps you directly to the entire phone folder showing ALL you actual calls in order.

Sorry if this has been shared somewhere else, but it is a new discovery for me and I thought I would share it.
__________________
John Hart
Converted Palm Treo User
xxx8220;A man's errors are his portals of discovery.xxx8221;
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Fluke 8088 CPU Interface test pod Tested Working via 9010A Fluke console
$249.95
Fluke 8088 CPU Interface test pod   Tested Working via 9010A Fluke console   pictureAllen-Bradley 1747-L542 SLC 5/04 CPU Processor/Controller
$282.0
Allen-Bradley     1747-L542     SLC 5/04 CPU     Processor/Controller pictureAllen Bradley 1756-L61 /B 1.9 ControlLogix PROCESSOR 5561 Qty Available
$1449.0
Allen Bradley 1756-L61 /B 1.9 ControlLogix PROCESSOR 5561 Qty Available pictureMitel HX Controller 580.1003 REV AJ HX Processor Module DUAL T1/E1/PRI
$299.0
Mitel HX Controller 580.1003 REV AJ  HX Processor Module DUAL T1/E1/PRI pictureMitel HX Controller 580.1003 REV AT HX Processor Module, 2x DDM-16b, Dual T1,
$799.0
Mitel HX Controller 580.1003 REV AT  HX Processor Module, 2x DDM-16b, Dual T1, picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.