08-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Solution!
I found a solution has worked for me.
I ran the install (450_b016_english.exe) and followed the prompts to modify the installation (I planned on removing Roxio/MM9 component). But before I did that, I ticked to install the 'certificate synchronisation' feature (something to do with copyright/private keys stuff I think) just to see what would happen. It went through the install, restarted the PC, and hey presto! all working. It did ask for a password to be set presumably for the cert synch thing to work.
I didn't really like that apect so then I decided to rerun the install and untick/remove the certificate thing (and I was curious to see if I would be back to MM9 errors), followed the prompts, restarted the PC and hey presto! still working.
This suggests that in my case MM9 couldn't work because of an essential but missing setting, component, registry change, or such like but that is not reversed when Certs are uninstalled.
BTW - I had to use the full OEM installation file because the option from within installed programs in the control panel required the temporary .msi file that is created during installation and is cleaned out once completed.
FYI - Using BB DTM 4.5 / BB 8120 / Vista Biz PC (fully patched).