06-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Jun 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | alright..
this is what I found so far in a thread... but it means nothing to me...
ust for documentation purposes for those who have been requesting the ability to load themes (and other applications) OTA.
1 - Configure proper MIME types on Web Server
I'll just put everything for COD (RIM Java), JAR (Java Archive), JAD (Loader file for COD and JAR) and ADP (ADPCM Ringtones) file types
- Open up Internet Services Manager (W2K) or Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager (W2K3)
- Expand your virtual server
* Expand Web Sites (only for W2K3)
- Right-click on Default Web Site and click Properties
- Click on the HTTP Headers tab then click on the File (or MIME) Types button
- Click on New File Type and add the following:
Associated Extension: adp
Content Type (MIME): audio/adpcm
I'm guessing this is something I have to do to get my BB to recognize the filetype, but where do I go to configure the above?
Can someone explain it to me step by step? Am I atleast on the right track here? c'mon help a n00b out :P