I have a user who is using Verizon smartphone blackberry 8830, and already has outlook items: contacts,task etc synch'ed to the blackberry while he was using his old laptop. Now he has a new laptop and desktop manager software v4.2 is already installed. When the BB was connected, and application loader was opened, it displayed an error about the device is disabled (cant recall the exact error).We did a a detect test using the Connection Settings and it displayed a "success" box. However, when we opened application loader we could not see any programs in there.
The laptop is connected to a docking station, using a usb cable to connect to the bb.