02-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Enterprise Activation Issues with new 8820 - help appreciated
Please Login to Remove!
Hey everybody. I would greatly appreciate your help with the following issues.
I got a new AT&T 8820 last week (from amazon) and went through the enterprise activation process with my company -- a process which had been very simple and effective with my 8700c.
After two days of trying, we cannot get e-mail to sync wirelessly after activation. E-mail does a "one-time" sync as of the time of activation but no e-mails which arrive at the server thereafter show up. Contacts sync fully initially as well but calendar does not. The BES admin says he does not see any attempts by my device to access the server (and the server cannot "see" my device). For what it's worth, the device shows a completed activation.
Here is the troubleshooting that has been completed thus far:
1) Numerous complete wipes (using the "Security Options" wipe function) of the device;
2) Deleting my credentials from the BES and readding;
3) Repeated checking to make sure that wireless reconciliation is turned "on" for e-mail and the other functions (and that the wireless radio is on and connected);
4) A download from AT&T of the most recent OS and a complete deletion of the old OS and installation of the new OS;
5) Checks of BlackBerry Redirector, which shows "Failed forwarding message" in perpetuity once initial activation is completed;
6) Numerous attempts to activate the device both wirelessly and when connected to Desktop Manager on my laptop (with my company VPN and Outlook open).
Two funky things have been happening along the way:
1) Through all the wipes and the OS reinstall, the device always asks for a password at start-up (depending on which troubleshooting was attempted, it either asks for the existing password or asks me to create a new one). My company's Blackberry guy says this is unusual and may indicate a corrupt certificate (but shouldn't that have been cleared up by the OS reinstall?).
2) After completing Enterprise Activation, the "Enterprise Activation" option disappears from the Settings>Options list. The only way to access it thereafter is through the setup wizard.
Any suggestions on how to get this thing set up properly? Should I just return it to AT&T/Amazon for a new one ? I will be around for a couple of hours this morning monitoring responses to provide addditonal info if needed. Thank you in advance for nay help.